Thread: Mauser, Sauer, Sako, which is the best and why ?

Mauser, Sauer, Sako, which is the best and why ?

Good morning, I was wondering who thinks what to the above listed makes ? I posted the thread about the Remington 700 and seeing as that's not an absolutely fantastic make and model thought I'd open the field a bit with these other choices.
    Your views will be happily received.

Kind regards, Olaf

They all cracking rifles mate

I have all Sako rifles, the 85 in 6.5 x55 is my main stalking rifle, and cannot fault them, one of my mates has a Mauser M03 with two barrels and the 202 elegance I had a go with one a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good I could easily get one of those.

Depends all on your purse strings and preference really, you won't go wrong with any of those.

Everyones got there favourite, I like wood and the sako have reasonable wood on them and a good solid basic action, and very accurate ,that was my choice and I am very very pleased with mine

Try and find someone near you to have a test run and find the one that fits and you like, they are a lump of money To be sure, but worth every penny when you've got the right rifle in your hands

Take your time and try em all

Good luck

I have Sako and Mauser, there is no doubt in my mind though that the Mauser M03 gives me most pleasure in ownership/use - with the best safety system in the bolt I have ever used.

All good solid makes, just comes down to personal choice in the end. I would be happy with rifles from any of those manufacturers.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It's very personal, and pretty subjective. I'm more than happy with my Sako 75 in 6.5x55, but I'm sure that all of these in many calibres from .243 to any .30cal will do the job in cracking fashion.

Get to the CLA Game Fair, and have a heft of all of them. Then you just need to choose a calibre - there will be a dozen threads on that so for all that's Good and Holy, please don't start another - and finally find the best rifle you can just over budget (you'll never stay within, so you might as well resign yourself to that immediately)

Enjoy. This is a fun bit!

Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Go and use them all and see for yourself, if budget is not an issue then you might as well look at a Blaser too!

Personally I think the Sako is the easiest to get along with.

Mauser is a great rifle but, I hate the safety and it's on the heavy side.

Sauer is a well made accurate rifle but, Safety is not to everyone's taste, I don't like the fiddley single stack mags and it's expensive unless you go or the new 101 model.

Ivythorn Sporting in Somerset will have all these models on the shelf for you to try on their range.

"If you don't belong, don't be long"