winchester sub .22lr jamming issues

Serky

Recently bought win subs .22lr and more or less every single round jammed. I have noticed that excessive wax on them. I have sako quad .22lr. Solution, open a packet on a piece of cloth sprayed with wd40 and gave it a wipe took couple of minutes, not a single round jammed since, did not touch the rifle in any way.

sako quads are notoriously fussy with ammo that has poor consistency to meplat construction
The big flat nose on the winsubs doesnt help

mine swallows RWS and Eley in no time at all
its a shame as i prefer WinSubs

If you wish to wipe off the excess lubricant Serky wouldn't it be better to use a clean dry cloth rather than one soaked in WD40 and risk contaminating the powder. After all rimfire rounds such as the .22lr are notorious for being prone to ingress of moisture and WD40 is known for it's penetrative ability.
Have you tried other ammunition if your rifle is known for being ammo fussy?

Unfortunately I too am a CZ owner so am unfamiliar with feeding problems. :stir::lol:

Last edited:
".22lr are notorious for being prone to ingress of moisture"
I managed to leave three live rounds in my trouser pocket once,
- all fired, even after being through the washing machine !
Tedward.

Have you tried resetting tour barrel with the bolt closed, my finnfire was a bit tight until I reset mine.

+1 :rolleyes:

If you wish to wipe off the excess lubricant Serky wouldn't it be better to use a clean dry cloth rather than one soaked in WD40 and risk contaminating the powder. After all rimfire rounds such as the .22lr are notorious for being prone to ingress of moisture and WD40 is known for it's penetrative ability.
Have you tried other ammunition if your rifle is known for being ammo fussy?

Unfortunately I too am a CZ owner so am unfamiliar with feeding problems. :stir::lol:

+2 for the CZ, had a Ruger 10/22 just didn't get on with it. Got a CZ 452 and use 40 grain Geco fantastic bit of kit

I didn't get on as well the with the 10/22 I had as I did my Marlin.I think the only stuff I had cause me problems in that was RWS

Back