Moles

Does not sound like the traps are at fault more the way they are placed in the runs.
theflatpack.co.uk sell duffus and Talpex.

Moles normally go round or heave the traps up when they haven't been set properly and or in the wrong place on a multi run or bend or not set correctly in line with the run, there may be another run just under the one you have the trap

As a rule of thumb use traps in moderation, using only the hot runs, never on a bend or slope, trap type is irrelevant, only time you would normally use a duffus trap is in sandy or unstable ground I use talpex and or fenn mole traps, they are about the best. And they are smaller and easier to install, I have 480 of those compared to 50 duffus.

Set the trap a little lower in a good run, with traps, less is best, one nicely set trap will do the job of ten that have been slung in the ground, making sure you re - cover the trap hole to lightly seal the run and try not to unsettle the ground, pick your spot, and look at the run of hills to see where the mole is going to and there will be an access point somewhere try and find that and put a trap as the moles comes from one area to the next.

Good luck

drop me a pm if I can be of any further help

Atb

Phil

Yep.
I know, some people love the duffus trap and rightly so, tried and tested.

I find the little fenn mole trap a peach of a trap to use and catches well, talpex my second choice,

Duffus I only use when I am running out of traps or soil conditions

Atb

​Phil

Last edited:
Funny old world Philip I only use duffus never failed me
Can only agree with the above statement,not only geuine Duffos ,but tunnel type, find nothing wrong with the cheap Chinese copies, ok they may need a thbit of fine tuneing, but at half the price who cares , Badgers in my area don't seem to care which type they run off with;)

Oh yes

Is a wonder mole traps are not on the endangered list, if you take in account being mowerised, badgerised, foxes and two legged intervention,

Lol

​Phil

Oh yes

Is a wonder mole traps are not on the endangered list, if you take in account being mowerised, badgerised, foxes and two legged intervention,

Lol
2 legged are deffinatly the worst, specially the clever ones that figure out that there is a trap under every marker in the field:evil:

Could you by chance be leaving your scent on the traps? I don't pretend to be an expert by any means but have caught quite a number in the in laws garden and quickly worked out that if there was any human scent on them I was wasting my time! I stopped setting them when the brother in law cleaned and oiled them all for me:doh:!

I am another one in favour of duffus traps, put in tight then covered with a hand full of grass with a slate on top to keep them in the dark. Just had 5 from my lawn using 2 traps in about 10 days, the little sods ! ( including 2 in one trap for the first time.)

I only use Duffus traps and have found the ones from the Flatpack Co,. to be the best. Have seen some useless and some downright dangerous examples!:doh:

Back