A couple of lothian bucks with the .300 rum

I have been waiting for a shoulder operation for a while and a early appointment fell though the letter box, so it gave me a good excuse for a rush trip up to my mate Cammy's place in the Lothian's for a couple of stalks before I get grounded !
He was keen to see how the .300 rem ultra mag performed and as his ground which is set in a deep valley with good high vantage points its perfect for it, ok not really stalking but more exciting to me than sat in a high seat.
Last night we saw plenty of does early on and a buck at a fair range that would have been pushing it with the gusting wind so we gave that a swerve, we made our way to another vantage point set on a deep slope with a marshy bottom with some woodland and open ground on the opposite bank.
Just on last knockings we were watching a young buck and doe then this buck came out of nowhere and offered a chance, the wind was gusting a tad but the 180 accubonds did the trick the bucked the wind the deer never flinched and dropped on the spot so first buck in the bag.

This morning we saw plenty of bucks but the cover got the better of us, I tried to stalk a buck but he sussed me as I tried to get in position and went barking up the valley :doh: oh well that's that it looks like that's feked it, we sat in the motor for a few mins watching does on the far side of a hill when I said i'll have a last look on the far side of the ground before we go.
My luck was in I wont go in to detail what I was doing on the top of a deep ravine but it involved andrex extra soft :eek: when I crouched down I just caught a glimps of an antler through the trees in the bottom of a deep slope. I reccon if it had been any darker I would have missed it but it shone like a beacon in the sun.
I struggled to get in position to get a clear shot but my struggling with the bipod legs paid off and I sent the accubond on its way to secure him, now the work started we had to extract him took two of us a good hour to get him to the top and we were absolutely knackered.
Thanks again Cammeron look forward to seeing you nxt time you are down south bud. DF

You're going to have to steady up Bob or put an extension on the kitchen wall as you must be running out of space :rofl:. PS bet your Ange is over the moon with 2 more :D.

Nice one bob couple of heads there . it was good to meet up yesterday, told you I had a few bucks about bob lol.

Nice heads bob, when I spoke to him this morning he said that new gun went off with more a boom than a bang

I have had the magnum about a year now mate so no new to me but it was for him although he shot it when he came down to me last summer, its now banned up there for roe but I did warn him lol!
He tells me you are going up to test your new rifle when its built, there was plenty to go at mate he reminded me that i have never had a blank stalk in the last 4 years I have been going up there and reccons its his superior guiding skills :lol:

He tells me you are going up to test your new rifle when its built, there was plenty to go at mate he reminded me that i have never had a blank stalk in the last 4 years I have been going up there and reccons its his superior guiding skills :lol:

Should be agreeing the spec tomorrow with Dave, then 8 weeks to build, no doubt he will return my superior pintail guiding skills with a gold medal buck :rofl:

Thanks lads i'm not looking forward to it as its my right shoulder so feks my shooting up, they reccon three month min for full recovery. DF

Back