Singing off pupil

CWMMAN3738

I've been asked by someone I've been mentoring to sign them off so they can shoot alone and advised them to apply in writing to their FLD including their shooting/stalking diary expecting that their FLD would then contact me for my appraisal & views This being the correct procedures( Avon & Somerset) and also the other person who has taken them on paid outings but they have just told him to include a letter from me in his application and I seem to recall a post about the wording of such things with regard to ones liability of saying someone's safe & competent on here but can't find it.

Last edited:
Short and sweet.

I have been out shooting with Mr X a number of times and he has always conducted himself in a very safe manner. I have no reason to doubt his ability to judge a safe shot.

Or something of that ilk.

+1 as above keep it simple and you are only saying that they have demonstrated safety and good conduct on the occasions you have been out with then. You are not vouching for their future safety or conduct and would not be held liable if something did happen.

Back