Thread: Labelling for the freezer

Labelling for the freezer

Just cooked a fantastic venison stew, from a recipe I found by chance at
    I don't know if it was my culinary skills,or the fact that it was made from venison that I had stalked. My first beast in fact.

Probably more to the fact , I just dived into the freezer & grabbed the first decent sized bag of venison from the freezer drawer, as all my labels had fallen off the bags.
    Once it was defrosted I found it was prime steaks, & having already made the marinade I decided to use it at least it was was nice & tender though.
    Any suggestions for decent freezer labels/marking please, before I waste anymore steak in my stews. Ta needsy

Use a felt tip pen and write on the bag itself. Works OK for me, well my missus I mean.

Or computer stationary address labels - if you're really sad you can pre-print little pictures of the deer species on them

I spend far too much time on this forum to have time to preprint labels!!!!
    I just use a permanent marker directly on the bag but it is not ideal. I am still talking about getting a vacuum packer which makes the labelling with a pen much clearer but have not decided which one yet.

A method Ive used for a few years now which I learnt from the owner of the last resteraunt was to write with a marker on a small piece of paper then double wrap placing the note between the 2 layers of cling film! This not only stops the pen from running but helps protect from freezer burn! Failing that try betterware or a similar company and youll probably find that they will sell a product for freezer labels.