Thread: Eye relief

Eye relief

Should I be concerned about shooting a caliber 308. with a Meopta scope on top? I heard they dont have the best eye relief. So is there anybody here with a Meopta that have had a problem with this?

Im asking because I found a rifle with a Meopta on top. I think it is the 3-10x50 Meostar model. And dont want to buy another scope to put on it.

I don't know where you got that idea from but it's not a problem. Meopta scopes have adequate eye relief, no less than any other decent quality scope and better than some Leupold scopes.
    If you look at my avatar you will see a meopta scope on a 8x57jrs rifle.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Oh ok.
    Didnt really know Meopta but it was on the rifle so I looked it up and found a lot of reviews mentioning a crictical eye relief. I think it is 80mm where most others is 90 or 100 but if its not a problem on your rifle then it should be ok

I used to run a 3-12 meopta on a 7mm rm and I was aware that my eye came close a few times. All I did was to remove the Butler Creek cap and use a slip on stock extension which gave a bit more leeway. Wouldnt have thought a 308 would be too bad providing it is of a decent weight.