Questions for fox pro users

mudlark

Hi Gents looking at moving up to the digital call age, got a few questions before I part with some hard earned and line Bushwears tills. 1) all the adds showing the units all have Not Waterproof beside them, so how vulnerable to water are they or have some of you devised a crafty plan. 2) I was reading earlier post regarding the units and someone mentions using Lamb4 now I cant see that call listed on the buswear site so are they available elsewhere. 3) What's power usage like. 4) is the external required.

Thanks in advance

​Mike

I have the fox pro fury, which is fully loaded with a boot full of calls, ruger 204 on the SD site is the man for the calls, give steve a PM he may be able to help with that one.

I use the top of the range rechargeable batteries as the power output, they are great.

I always take the battery Pack out of the machine and isolate it, as my foxpro fury can turn itself on in the carry bag and when you get to use it, the batteries are flat. Lesson learnt the hard way

They are definitely not water proof, I use a waterproof holdall larger than the machine with the ends cut out to facilitate the two speakers on the ends and hang it off a pair of plastic fence poles, keeps the machine dry and batteries warm, no alteration on the sounds and the higher up the better distance for the calls

The remote works brilliantly, you can work the calls and volume from quite a distance away.

Like anything else, look after it, it will work brilliantly

Good luck

​Phil

As above very good bit of kit at the right time, as for the wet stick it inside a binbag works a treat then put the fox in after shooting it:D

As above very good bit of kit at the right time, as for the wet stick it inside a binbag works a treat then put the fox in after shooting it:D

having remembered to take the foxpro out of course :D

I once dropped my scorpion in a river. Fished it out after about 5 seconds and it worked fine. The internal speaker has since dropped to bits but that is not a related event

​Lol I thought I was the only one who did that, I even swapped to a white swing-bin liner when we had snow :)

Although the units aren't totally waterproof they do take a good soaking. My mate dropped his one night it was 15 mins later we realised and found it totally submerged in a small pot hole full of water, we spotted it because the light was still on!!!

I got one from Bushwear, and shed loads of advice from 204 Ruger, Tikka t3, and Philip, I used it last week never on a new permission but never seen a fox, the barn owl was seriously interested as was the farm cat and later a badger came round for a nose but no Charlies I'm afraid. Taking it to a permission this week that has a few foxes on it. Like at the oscars any one who helped or gave me advice if I've missed your name I apologise

Mike

I got one from Bushwear, and shed loads of advice from 204 Ruger, Tikka t3, and Philip, I used it last week never on a new permission but never seen a fox, the barn owl was seriously interested as was the farm cat and later a badger came round for a nose but no Charlies I'm afraid. Taking it to a permission this week that has a few foxes on it. Like at the oscars any one who helped or gave me advice if I've missed your name I apologise

Mike

Mike, if your not getting any joy throw in the odd Fox Squall I between distress calls, seems to work for us.

Back