MONGOOSE- You stole my money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few dealings and all bare one had no problems. Dealt with TJ and great bloke who I feel is right to name and shame . Wonder though if this thread would be closed if other party was a trade member??
​Atb Steve

my stance is simple,You have only been here two minutes and your having a go at the Admin staff,

I for one have done loads of deals on this forum and My money is hard to come buy to allow me to continue shooting/hunting, So if there is someone out there taking the mick with other members, I for one would like to know.

and with respect to admin, I have miffed them and members off in the past but there's no tears here. and as for a band wagon i don't need one.

bob.

​I am sorry for rattling your cage bob, for a man that wears his life story on his shirt sleeve I would leave well alone, again sorry.
I am sorry to Alex for stating facts that some are allowed to state their case on this forum and some are not. That right appears to be judged by volume of posts length of membership and trade status. This too is facts so sorry for annoying admin by stating thus.
I too am sorry that some feel it warranted to judge a person by his join date and numbers of posts. Like that detail means anything or stands for any credibility. Strikes me as amazing that a person with either 8,000 posts or 3,500 have any time to do the sport they preach chapter and verse on.
I wish not to upset any and am sorry to those whom i pointed out facts.
I will leave this thread as instructed unless a direct reply is required to my post.
​I would prefer that for the sake of the site that if any have a detrimental remark they Pm me and i will reply with the same.

​Pss,

Enough said,just need mongoose to sort things,nobody really knows his circumstances,give him the benefit of the doubt for now,atb swaro

​I am sorry for rattling your cage bob, for a man that wears his life story on his shirt sleeve I would leave well alone, again sorry.
I am sorry to Alex for stating facts that some are allowed to state their case on this forum and some are not. That right appears to be judged by volume of posts length of membership and trade status. This too is facts so sorry for annoying admin by stating thus.
I too am sorry that some feel it warranted to judge a person by his join date and numbers of posts. Like that detail means anything or stands for any credibility. Strikes me as amazing that a person with either 8,000 posts or 3,500 have any time to do the sport they preach chapter and verse on.
I wish not to upset any and am sorry to those whom i pointed out facts.
I will leave this thread as instructed unless a direct reply is required to my post.
​I would prefer that for the sake of the site that if any have a detrimental remark they Pm me and i will reply with the same.

​Pss,
In this age of the internet, along with 3G/4G ....... You don't have to be at work or sat at home to post here, I often post while leaning over the bipod waiting for Reynard.:tiphat:

I often post while leaning over the bipod waiting for Reynard.:tiphat:[/QUOTE]

Does he post on here as well, he took some of my ducks and never paid for them :D

Their are some very naive people on this site. Several have said give him the benfit of the doubt.
suck it up I work for myself and am single handed and have been in and out of hospital for the last year the buck stops with me and I have to fulfil my commitments. Unless he's dead or been struck down there is no excuse even if he is dead after a month one would of thought a executor would of been in touch.

Last edited:
I often post while leaning over the bipod waiting for Reynard.:tiphat:

Yes, but it adds little to what should surely be a Thoreau-like moment even if one’s highseat or inflatable cushion is some way from Walden Pond??

Cheers

K
“I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.”

Their are some very naive people on this site. Several have said give him the benfit of the doubt.
suck it up I work for myself and am single handed and have been in and out of hospital for the last year the buck stops with me and I have to fulfil my commitments. Unless he's dead or been struck down there is no excuse even if he is dead after a month one would of thought a executor would of been in touch.

precisely and judging by the fact he hasn't been on for a fair while I would imagine he won't be back and the dirty will have been done. Its sad in a way as sites like this are perfect platforms to buy and sell on, I've bought a few things on here and sold a couple most recently a scope that the buyer didn't get on with on his mounts so I had it back he had his money back both parties happy all done in under a week and thats pretty much what you come to expect with like minded people. All you can do is do a little research into who you buy from and how long they have been about as its definitely buyer beware, make sure you have an address and phone number as then you can pester them if anything goes wrong.

Whatever the outcome its not a good advert for SD Classifieds and only makes Evil-Bay that much more attractive as at least there is "Buyer Protection" to fall back on and that does deliver if you get ‘stung’.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you're trying to imply but assuming it's the usual charges of admin/favouritism/corruption then I'm afraid you are wrong. We have to exercise judgement on a case by case basis and whereas a lot of the disputes (I say a lot, but in the grand scheme of things there really aren't many at all) are one word against the other without us being in a position to make any sort of judgement at all, this one has at least two affected parties and in addition to that I myself have sent him a PM asking him to make contact to which I have so far had no response either.

We can't practically adjudicate every issue but obviously we also have an interest in keeping the site's excellent reputation for safe trading so, for the time being, we are keeping a watch on it and hopefully things will work out amicably and of course the thread will be removed as applicable.

Frankly, with all the criticism you have for how we run our site, one can't help wondering sometimes why you bother hanging around....

Alex

I have tried to hold my tongue on this thread, but I have to admit I am 101% behind Alex with his comments. I sometimes wonder how anyone can come to such remarks about the site and admin, after all the hard work we put into this site and the help the site gives to fellow stalkers.

The answer is simple, if you dont like the way we manage and run the site.................LEAVE.

Whatever the outcome its not a good advert for SD Classifieds and only makes Evil-Bay that much more attractive as at least there is "Buyer Protection" to fall back on and that does deliver if you get ‘stung’.

The only issues with that are it is still possible to get stung and you sure pay for the privilege of selling on ebay and receiving the money through paypal, ultimately this site is free and free to sell on its hard to moan about something that doesn't cost anything and gets you quite such good coverage, yet as shown plenty do :doh:

I tend to use paypal when paying for things purchased on the net from individuals , it gives you a certain amount of protection and if a fraud takes place its easy for the Rozzers to find out who`s account the money went into , the same with a cheque although if the vendor supplies the goods but defective / not as described thats a whole different ball game.Buyer Beware.

I have tried to hold my tongue on this thread, but I have to admit I am 101% behind Alex with his comments. I sometimes wonder how anyone can come to such remarks about the site and admin, after all the hard work we put into this site and the help the site gives to fellow stalkers.

The answer is simple, if you dont like the way we manage and run the site.................LEAVE.
:thumb: :thumb:

:fox: morning taff !! you missed me ;) :rofl: priceless

back to post .
come on old son sort this mess out, lifes to short !!! you don't need to post for all to see, just contact the lads that have problems with you.
:old:

I often post while leaning over the bipod waiting for Reynard.:tiphat:

Does he post on here as well, he took some of my ducks and never paid for them :D
​[/QUOTE]

TJ,
something similar happened to me years ago trying to buy golf equipment. The saga went on so I called the police. Funny old thing, it was sorted within 2 days as he was deemed to be frauding.

You have his address and the proof that he received payment. You also have the forum backup files to show that a sale etc was taking place.

Report him to the nearest police station to him and let the admin staff on the site deal with him as necessary. Also let the rest of us know his approximate location so we can be careful if dealing with people in that area should he come back on the site again.

Hope it all gets sorted.

Enough said,just need mongoose to sort things,nobody really knows his circumstances,give him the benefit of the doubt for now,atb swaro

I'd imagine with all this Heat and the shadow of the SD Five'o special branch bearing down on him he's fecked off to Espana and is currently sipping from a short glass of OJ by a pool outside some half built Algerian ruin reaping the rewards of his ill gotten gains.

I've given this some thought over the past few days. I am leaning towards giving him the benefit of the doubt still. I know it's poor in terms of no communication etc but I find it difficult to accept that anyone would mess a few folk around for the sake of the amounts involved here.

I might be wrong of course but that's just my gut feeling. What I find surprising is that no other SD member seems to know Mongoose. With the shooting fraternity being close knit, normally someone will know someone etc.

I've given this some thought over the past few days. I am leaning towards giving him the benefit of the doubt still. I know it's poor in terms of no communication etc but I find it difficult to accept that anyone would mess a few folk around for the sake of the amounts involved here.

I might be wrong of course but that's just my gut feeling. What I find surprising is that no other SD member seems to know Mongoose. With the shooting fraternity being close knit, normally someone will know someone etc.

As you say surely someone knows him and can inform him of **** shower-storm that is brewing.

Last edited:
could see a defamation lawsuit brewin against the OP here....not to say you're wront TartinJock, I know you're a nice chap because I've dealt with you on items before,,,but I'm just saying, the way this is shaping, this witch hunt,,,Mongoose could take this to court and argue he's been put in a bad light for reasons beyond his control (depression, death in family, etc.).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back