Thread: Primer change

Primer change

Probably due to the recent bulk buying mayhem both here and across the water primers seem to be in short supply around here i normally use CCI large rifle the common or garden variety but my local supplier only has the bench rest version.
    Im sure you lot have tried these out i was just wondering what the difference is and do i need to revise my loads

Hi Drag, I can only answer half your question as I only use the bench rest version which I find excellent. I very much doubt if switching will have much impact upon your loads but prudence dictates checking this and working up.

Don't know that there would be much difference,i'm the same as Penyard,all I've ever used in .243 and 30-06 they certainly are ok but also suggest you work your loads up just to be on the safe side.

Thats what i thought as well might put them in the back of the cabinet for the future if i get short of the others

​Cheers lads Drag

CCI advise using the same data to reload as for standard primers.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

very little difference if any in burn rate between the two.
    I didnt even change and work up, just used same loads and the zero was exactly the same for 130gr .270 loads

thanks for the info lads

Found no difference in my .308.