phhaaaa to camo and scent lock.

I couldnt agree more . . . . to my mind roe are very tuned into movement but colour makes little to no difference . .
I was out walking the dog recently wearing light blue jeans and a blue tartan shirt . . .got to within 50 yards of a yearling doe just as light was fading . . .every now and again she would have a good look at us, she was obviously suspicious, but standing completely still she just kept feeding . . . . last time I looked blue tartan wasn't the must have concealment item of the moment :D

I went on an evening stalk in Berkshire last Summer, my guide wore blue jeans and a white tattersall shirt. I shot a Roe and a Muntjac and we saw quite a few other deer as well at close range. atb Tim

There are many of us old enough to remember the times before camo of any sort was available, it never seemed to be a problem then. Fieldcraft, patience and keeping still served us well.

exactly lads, far to many sponsored people shouting about how we need it to be good, and now even scent lock clothing.
good old field craft is all you need to get close to bambi.
(sitting out for fox is another thing though).
this morning i watched a stalker on my boundry, he was 500m away and unaware of us, he was camoed up with gloves and a face veil, in the early morning light he was a solid BLACK figure walking along a hedgerow and stood out even with the naked eye, he couldnt have stood out anymore on snow. Even hares were running away 300ms from him
He would have been better suited keeping low and wearing almost anything.

Look at the yanks and the Europeans they wear camo and then put bright orange vest and hats on top.

Look at the yanks and the Europeans they wear camo and then put bright orange vest and hats on top.

The difference is they dont get the "anti" contingent,camo helps you keep a low profile in the country,nothing to do with Deer!!!!

Me and a couple of friends were shown the outfox scent lock jacket trouser set in a gun shop. We did spoil his pitch when we said why not learn to stalk the right way on a level playing field using field craft and keep the £700 in my pocket? You can imagine his reaction. ATB matt

Camo makes you look cool John.... that's what's important!! Next you'll be stalking in jeans and a t-shirt with your rigger boots on, on wait we've done that already and we shot a beast :D

come on john dust that mankini off and get it on youtube ,just make sure you go behind the client or they will give the game away with sniggering, if you wont i am sure sid will be up for it after watching some of the stuff he has on his phone:eek:,atb wayne

Good on ya John they keep fetching high tec gear out just to take more money off all type of hunters,most would buy it just so they can say they have the new in thing I wonder how on earth they managed years ago?

Back