Cheapest source for .260 brass

Simjim33

I know lupa do 260. But who else makes 260 brass?
And no I don't want to swage or draw down any other 08 case.

Simjim, all you do is run .243 brass though your FL die. Nothing to it, no neck turning. Can't see why you wouldn't do it if you didn't want to buy better quality lapua brass.

Slimjim, I use new Lapua .308 necked down to .260 in F Class competitions and have found it perfectly good. As long as you start out with decent quality new brass you and your new rifle won't know the difference between these and a case purchased in .260
​Good luck with your new toy

I've found the RP brass pretty good for LR accuracy, primer pockets in the Lapua have opened up badly after 5 firings - I got some of the first available so might have been something in the brass rather than hot loads... The thing about resizing from other cals such as 243 and 308 is I also shoot those cals and don't want the headache of incorrect head stamps..

I've found the RP brass pretty good for LR accuracy, primer pockets in the Lapua have opened up badly after 5 firings - I got some of the first available so might have been something in the brass rather than hot loads... The thing about resizing from other cals such as 243 and 308 is I also shoot those cals and don't want the headache of incorrect head stamps..
That is a very good point you make there.
Any one should keep there ammo seperate, and clearly marked.
But mistakes can and do happen. I have a .243 so there is a posable out come of cases being confused! Unlikely but posable.
Let me repeat. I have no objections to resizing 08 parent cases. But I just don't WANT too. For this rifle!
The most ammo I will use is 150 on a range day. So 200 cases is not that big a deal.
Most who know me on here know I Dont spend money for the sake of it.
​But I this instance the expence I am happy with! Other wise the 400+ cases I have in .243 would all be necked up!

Back