Virgin media Tivo rant

Toytown

not very impressed with this all singing all dancing dont know how the world coped without it Virgin Tivo...... its crap it keeps buffering and the picture quality is pants, when there is a shot of fire or running water it pixalates and cant cope with the image and jumps and its not my TV coz its mint. the on demand service is a complete waist of time coz by the time ive found something worth watching i dont wona watch it any more, not that there is coz even though there are hundreds of programs and series to watch non are actually available when you press play. the catchup is a waist of time coz you can only catch up on tripe that nobody watched when it was on not coz they missed it but coz its tripe. and the straw that has broke the camels back is that mrs has finally found Estenders on catchup the quality is appalling, the sound is echoy and tiny and the picture looks to large for screen and is slightly blurry, its like a really bad pirate copy i got from a guy in the pub.

I want my BT Vision back

when nthe company i worked for where taken over by VM.

I left.

pants and more pants,

would rather watch paint dry than use VM.

bob.

not very impressed with this all singing all dancing dont know how the world coped without it Virgin Tivo...... its crap it keeps buffering and the picture quality is pants, when there is a shot of fire or running water it pixalates and cant cope with the image and jumps and its not my TV coz its mint. the on demand service is a complete waist of time coz by the time ive found something worth watching i dont wona watch it any more, not that there is coz even though there are hundreds of programs and series to watch non are actually available when you press play. the catchup is a waist of time coz you can only catch up on tripe that nobody watched when it was on not coz they missed it but coz its tripe. and the straw that has broke the camels back is that mrs has finally found Estenders on catchup the quality is appalling, the sound is echoy and tiny and the picture looks to large for screen and is slightly blurry, its like a really bad pirate copy i got from a guy in the pub.

I want my BT Vision back
I have NEVER had any of the issues you mention... we moved from Sky 3 years ago and apart from the usual transitional issues, wouldn't swap for anything. All I can think is you have a dodgy connection to VM somewhere. Do you have broadband with them too? If so what kind of speeds are you showing with speedtest.net? is your TV connected to your TiVo box via HDMI cable or old tech Scart?

Sorry to say this but my kids think TIVO is the best thing since sliced bread. Mines 85% full as the kids record all their stuff and watch it every fortnight when they come to me.

Occn have issues with I player says it cannot connect to server. What you do have to do with TIVO is to re boot it monthly by switching off for a minute and the restart. This tends to cure most things. This also cures jumping play on I player.

Otherwise fine. I had megga issues with my set up to start with as could not get anything to work on HDMI, turned out that the brand new Samsung Plasma was duff so had to go back and had a board replaced.

One issue is that most new TV's need updaing however Virgin does not do this as its blocked so you need to download upgrade to data stick and then use this to update TV.

D

Started off when it was cable & wireless, then taken over by NTL then Virgin never had an issue it was always good. Them moved house and couldn't have virgin due to estate not being cabled. Had BT a couple of years - crap, now on Sky - crap, can't wait until Virgin is available

Not any worse than Freesat IMO, always chopping the end off recorded programs, not able to change info in the watch list so a series record can contain anything, a pretty endless list of won't do's.
All agencies involved always blame someone else for the fault.
BBC blame Freesat, they blame BBC and who knows about the mysterious workings of the box?
Trying Freeview now.

gave virgin a call and they are sending someone round later today to check connections etc and install a new box coz i told them all the programs i was trying to get on the on demand and they say they are available and should play fine so fingers crossed

Back