Why stainless ?

the other have a proven track record, they are also paid up trade members, you no longer are but are still touting for business.

Neil. :)

are 25 out of your 38 started posts not 'for sale' ads...you sure you shouldn't be having a direct debit in place with the SD Neil?

sorry, couldn't help it:lol:

are 25 out of your 38 started posts not 'for sale' ads...you sure you shouldn't be having a direct debit in place with the SD Neil?

sorry, couldn't help it:lol:

Never even gave it a thought, so 25 posts selling something against however many total posts on here means I need
to be a Trade member ?
(Oh look) 2225 posts, so 25 of them started a sale thread, you do the maths)

On the other hand your not far behind me :p

Neil. :)

I actually like blued and stainless equally .

I prefer blued in leveractions as well as single shots and bolt guns if the bolt guns have nice walnut or maple .

I like stainless in synthetic stocks . Some folks around here have gotten into stainless barreled actions in nice walnut . Not my thing at all , but to each his own .

When I was what I called hard core and hunted about every day I wanted stainless synthetic bolt actions . Also when I go for Sika on the Eastern Shore it was good as I hunted around brackish marsh .

Lately I don't have a stainless gun . For the Sika I use a Savage 10ML and a Savage 220 . Both are blued and synthetic . And both seem very good for what I do with them here and at the Eastern Shore .

Now with all this said if I ever build another 6.5-06 I suspect I'll get a Shilen stainless barrel for the rifle . It'll be screwed into an older Remington 700 blued action and most likely put in some sort of synthetic stock in all likelyhood an HS Precision stock with the aluminum bedding block .

That would be an interesting gun, I remember seeing pistols that had blued frames and nickle plated slides etc.
Didn't know you had Sika over there.
Thanks for the reply.

fraser

Good stainless barrels tend to clean up much easier than CM. On the externals - SS actions and barrels do handle extended outings in wet and damp conditions better than CM. Less prone to rust which is why they are so popular in our region. In particular in the mountains where blokes may be hunting out of a pack for a few days and rifles cannot remain wet for extended periods in fly camps.

I prefer stainless ,it retains its looks better then standard (ie non rust type bluing) bluing and if the finish does get a bit too tatty / scratched i have it bead blasted - back to looking like new in a few minuites , one of my pet hates is blued barrels that have a wear ring where a reflex type mod has worn the bluing ,can make an otherwise decent ,well maintained rifle look tatty .

If a stainless barrel gets all marked or bits of rust a quick bead or vapour blast of barrel and action makes it look like new

Back