scope repairers

eddoakley

Had an absolute nightmare last week when I managed to destroy a stock and a scope in the same day!! Not good.

So now that it looks like I might have sorted the stock my attention turns to the scope. I have a Lisenfeld illuminated scope which I think is top notch and worth trying to get repaired.
It all works but I seem to have snapped the eyepiece end/eye bell. Its not completely detached and has pushed back into place but its certainly not right.

So my question to you guys is who can you recommend to repair it?
Prefer to hear from those with personal experience if possible.

Also does anyone have any idea (I realise that its a shot in the dark) of cost?

Thanks in advance

​Edd

Or just enter it into the search box above here, plenty of happy scope repair customers in the search results, & Yorric posts Pauls contacts there too.

Lisenfeld are low grade scopes here in Germany and there are dealers dumping the end of line stuff, I bought one for 45 euros and of course it was rubbish.
I reckon spares will be unobtainable.
Martin

Lisenfeld are low grade scopes here in Germany and there are dealers dumping the end of line stuff, I bought one for 45 euros and of course it was rubbish.
I reckon spares will be unobtainable.
Martin

​Strange they were quite good scopes. Don't know about the late ones when the chap was terminally ill.

I believe the chaps at Glasgow Binocular Repairs are pretty good, but it sounds by your discription that actual tube has broken. Given that the metal will have distorted and chances are the internal mechanism has also been bent I would suggest it will need to be completely dismantled and the lenses etc then rebuilt into a new tube. Thats going to be expensive.

I would instead spend £150 to £300 on a good 2nd hand S&B / Swar / Zeiss 6x42 that show up on here all the time.

Wouldn't bother with burke mate. Trust me

Unfortunately thats my experience too. First attempt it came back with a lot of dust in it and a ****ed reticle. Second attempt much better, although forgot to return bikini covers which he sent separately. Weeks of chasing. He is cheap so you get what you pay for.

I know a lot of people have had good results with him, but Swarovski quoted about £120 for a service if memory serves me right, which given my experience would have been my first choice.

You've got to speak as you find and I must say Paul Burke did a first class job on an old, damaged Pecar for me. Price was right with a quick turnaround as I remember.

From what I read most people get a good service from him; it just wasn't my experience.

You've got to speak as you find and I must say Paul Burke did a first class job on an old, damaged Pecar for me. Price was right with a quick turnaround as I remember.

Back