Young Pine Martens

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
These youngsters come to visit on a daily basis, not always together, but we have a daily visit,

John

Wow, I would love to one of them. I tried at the speyside wildlife hide at Aviemore but the place was over-run with half a dozen badgers and red deer all eating peanuts.

First time I saw one I was amazed at the size of them. That was about three seconds before I hit it with the car. There are quite a few on the hill opposite Pennyfuir cemetery outside Oban. A lot are killed on the road there.

Brilliant John! :D

What are they tucking into out there though? Better not be Sheila's cinnamon buns!

​Alex

Brilliant John! :D

What are they tucking into out there though? Better not be Sheila's cinnamon buns!

​Alex

Yes there is some home baking in there, plus she has now taken to buying the out of date packets of cakes from the supermarkets! I dread to think what them and the birds cost to feed each month :eek:

John

Last week there was a Marten on the steps filling its face and there was a cock pheasant over in the corner of the garden feeding, the cock then noticed the pine Marten and started with the single clucking sound that they make when agitated and started to walk across the garden towards the patio steps. He just kept coming and clucking and got to within about fifteen feet of the Pine Marten, he was just the other side of that bench that is in the video and stood there just looking, the Pine Marten did not stop feeding just kept a watchful eye on the old cock, then stuffed as much as he could into his mouth and took it away, the cock then about turned and went back to his feeding. I should imagine that if he did not have his cake for dessert then he may well have had pheasant for his main course.

John

They certainly know a good thing when they see it. Afternoon Cakes on Uncle Jayb's Patio. Next you will be leaving them Saucers of Tea to go with it:D.
Lovely Vid. I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Yorkie.

Hi John -- that's a good video. Bonnie little devils. If you train them up they'll make Sheila a grand winter coat. - - here's the video that shows you how to do it - -

PS - you'll need a fox too !

ATB
JR

Hi John -- that's a good video. Bonnie little devils. If you train them up they'll make Sheila a grand winter coat. - - here's the video that shows you how to do it - -

PS - you'll need a fox too !

ATB
JR

That's a good one John, the only difficulty I can see is finding a live fox :D. You run out of bucks down there yet.

John

Hi John - - I'll check wi Stu re the live Fox - - he may have some tips !
Still plenty Bucks about - - I'm getting them on the Trailcams but they are keeping a very low profile when I try a bit of Stalking. Lying low for the rut which should be any day now. You are more than welcome to come down, stay over, and frighten a few anytime.

ATB

Jr

PS - - talking bout Foxes reminded me of my favourite of all time - -

Back