pro hunter

the scudd

hi whats your opinions on the pro hunter mrk 2, i had a few shots out of one last night and thought it a nice accurate rifle, your thought please warts and all

Not again, you will find the detractors are either b,s or have never owned one. It is a low mid range priced rifle. It is comfortable to use. It fires a two inch hunting group by a moderately good shot. Bench test, never tried, no interest. Cross hairs on deer, pull trigger, deer goes down. Found t8 too heavy for it so now have cmm4 and rifle is great. The clue is in the title. Pro hunter. Light to carry and nice to use. If all the critic have owned one there are thousands out there. If you want to target shoot buy accordingly. Paper will wait till you are ready.

I own 2 of them in .243. Both give 1 1/2" groups at 100 metres. Stock will stand ice, snow ,rain and mud with no loss of zero. Moved onto synthetics after wood stock on Sako warped after a good soaking in the Highlands. Had to borrow estate rifle. Humiliating. Shoot better with suppressor fitted and should be factory screw cut for that. Fit a decent scope and you are good to go. I use mine for foxes and deer. Anything I have missed has been down to operator error not the weapon.
Good luck.

yes i havee heard lots of negative remarks, but the .260 that i shot last night shot a very good group. thanks for the replies

I have 2 one in .243 and a .270 both will shoot 1 inch groups at 100 meters and both have wildcat silencers on them.

I run a 6.5 and a 308 both fine just me that's lets the side down from time to time .
​norma

Currently having a custom stock made for the 308 .

Last edited:
Great rifles although they are spoilt by the stocks. Got 2 thinking of getting a 308 mountain SS and getting an after market stock lie the RPA woodland stalker. My current two are 6.5x55 and 243. Here's the 6.5. View attachment 28447

I have a 6.5 like the stock on yours where did it come from, is weighty compared the factory stock ????
Cheers:D

Should have a wooden replacement stock for the steyr guys to look at soon will keep you posted ,
​norma

hi whats your opinions on the pro hunter mrk 2, i had a few shots out of one last night and thought it a nice accurate rifle, your thought please warts and all

This topic's been covered a number of times. I had a 260 Rem for about 4 years. It's a good out of the box rifle and in 260 Rem has a nice long magazine for loading longer heavier bullets. Moderator selection with the light barrel is important. When I moved from a T8 to an AU-S5, I halved the group size with factory ammo. I didn't like the fore end flex and that's ultimately why I got rid of it. I liked the bolt and three position safety a lot. I like the stock ergonomics too and it's easy to get spacers to increase the LOP. I first handled a MKII at a gun show near Nashville and said to myself I must get one of these and several years later I did. I got £300 for my 260 Rem when I traded it in, and if you can get a second hand one for that kind of money, then it would be a good buy.

Regards JCS

I've dug into the archive and found a target with 11 shots that I fired with my 260 Rem Pro-Hunter. Shot 3 or shot 4 went well astray at 4 o'clock. Was it me, the load or the rifle? I don't know, but it was another unsettling straw in the wind. As the barrel warmed, the group moved down the target.

​Regards JCS

Back