Thread: Nice evening stalk.

Nice evening stalk.

I went out for a wander Friday afternoon first time I have been out since I pulled my hamstring,
    i went to a long gully full of gorse bushes in full flower the smell was amazing a cross between curry and coconut, grassing the gully I saw what I thought was a big doe bedded down but on a closer look it was a nice 6 point buck couldn't see his antlers for a gorse branch covering them.
    I stalked into about 140 yds got laid down ready for a shot, I shouted at him to make him stand up but he didn't after about 15 mins of shouting barking and whistling he eventually stud up with his arse towards me walking up a banking no shot on until he did turn broadside, but on grassing the gully earlier I saw three bullocks laid up under a few bushes and typical they were now being used as a back stop ha not to worry he's there for another day, I walked back to my truck and went to another bit I have.I stalked into the seat and had a glass,It was all still for a while then a big buck came chasing another nice buck both clean they ran right past the seat chasing him into a mature wood and out of sight, an hour or so later hoping he was going to come back , another buck in velvet appeared but this time he was using a farm as a back stop so again no shot on, I got out of the seat and stalked towards him, he was now feeding in tall yellow grass so he was nearly out of site of me I got within 100 yds of him I got myself laid down on a hump and waited until he fed out into a clear bit, it took him some 20 mins to feed out and become clear for a shot I waited until he had his front legs parallel for a perfect boiler room shot I didn't want to clip a shoulder, I then barked and took the shot he reacted with a jump then ran some 10 yds falling over to a good hart shot, i just love the 6.5 x55 , a good buck for the freezer a cracking night it was back home for a curry and a pint jobs a gud un.. Rgds remmy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Well done Dave, will give you a bell on Tuesday mate!!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Congrats, nice one and well done!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Sounds like you'd a nice day mate