Just a quick hello!

bicykillgaz

Hi,
Names Gary some of you may know me from other forums where I go under the same name. Feel a bit of a fraud as I'm not currently a stalker but its something I intend on progressing to.

I've got my SGC & FAC and have been using shotguns and .22lr for over 5 years and have just moved on to my first cf, went for a .22 hornet as it best suits my needs and will be adding a .243 or similar at some point for range work and eventually stalking. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy the hornet and start tinker about reloading.

If you want to ask me anything feel free.

Regards Gary

Probably would have made a better intro, lol!

Ok I'll write it tomorrow and include a couple of pictures too but really should get off to sleep now as I'm up at 4.45am.

​gary

image.jpgimage.jpgThanks for the warm welcome guys and as promised I'll tell you how I got my name and hopefully be ale to post some pictures.

back in 2009 id just moved to Gainsborough and I was out of work after been made redundant. One morning my wife rang me to tell me she had passed a road kill deer just outside Gainsborough on the way to work, she knew I'd always fancied having a go at butchering a deer so thought she'd let me know. I figured I didn't have anything better to do with my self so grabbed a selection of knifes put them inside a large fishing bag and rolled that up into a smaller rucksack. I got my bike out the shed as I don't drive and set off.

it turned out that just outside Gainsborough was actually about 5 miles and after 20-30 mins I eventually found the deer on the opposite side of the road. So cycled over the road over the grass verge, put my bike through the hedge where I intended to drag the deer and went back to fetch the deer. It was in a bit of a mess as it had been hit in the back end and split gut and spilt bowls out but i decided to crack on and get to it so dragged it through the hedge and started gutting it. Not a nice experience as it was a really mess inside but I got it done and skinned it, put it in my big holdall/bag and packed up the knifes and went back to my bike. As soon as I went to wheel the bike towards the hedge I realised I'd gotta puncture. Didn't have anything to repair it with so started my journey back on foot pushing my bike with a deer on my back.

took me nearly two hours to walk home and by the time I got home the backs of my legs were drenched in blood and after having to explain to a couple of people I passed on route what I'd been upto as they looked quite scared. I got home and strung the deer up to start butchering it as best I could, figured I'd just treat it like a big rabbit. I decided I'd try and sell the meet and went onto a forum to get a rough idea what I should ask for price wise. Eventually it was decided that my journey was in vain as it may have been either put to sleep by a vet or contaminated so not fit for consumption and illegal for me to sell anyway, plus more importantly I don't even like venison!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 10
Looking forward to it nick. i was out sunday afternoon and there was a roe in the field behind the pond, spotted some fresh tracks in the sand around the pond and followed them and could see a set of antlers stuck up so whipped the bolt and mag out my hornet and sat watching it for a minute through the scope, it was reluctant to stand up I thought it was injured. Started walking toward him and got about 20-25m away then up came his head, then he stood up gave a few barks and off he went. Stopped at the gap in the hedge and stood barking staring at me then went off again barking. Wish I'd had a camera it would of made a fantastic picture when he was stood in the hedge.

Back