Land clearance shooting from high seats

sharkbait

Been on to the met now for quite some time about trying to get someone out to have a look at getting this land passed off for bigger caliber rifle shooting from high seat , I've sent emails ages ago explaining what I want and why, i printed off the emails and sent them along with my fac when I put in for a one for one variation after being told to when I phoned asking what the delay was, when they got back to me about the variation and how much ammo I wanted to hold I asked them about the land check, she told me she couldn't tell me anything about it and couldn't wait to put the phone down on me ,( to say the least it is getting a bit stupid now and to say I'm fed up is a understatement) the land comes under Essex police not the met, so my question is this can I bypass the met and phone essex directly??

Not sure if you can, but I'd give Essex a call anyway and see what they say. They are usually quite helpful (have always been in my dealings with them).

I live in Warwickshire, when I first applied for for my FAC 2 of my permissions were in Leicestershire, and it was the Leicestershire Police who had to pass the land. If you have an open ticket it is not an issue, if you don't why not just ask them to open it?

Don't ring them, email them, much harder for them to make the rules up as they go if they know things are being done 'in writing'.

What I have done in the past is to ring (making sure you note time and the persons name you are talking to), get clarification on what you want to know, then send them a letter stating what they have told you (i usually send this recorded). Then the balls in their court.

Don't ring them, email them, much harder for them to make the rules up as they go if they know things are being done 'in writing'.

+1
You can always send all the history with emails along with each reply making it easier for them to see what your stating and the good reason behind a failing patience

2P WORTH
i would as its in essex force , i have same but in dorset mind you and i have an open cert , have you ! I would ring 01245491491 police switchboard then request firearms dep. tell them your force is next door and you would like to find out some info related to a land seach in there patch , then very nicely request has this land been passed before !try and get the ord' map X&Y'S GRID REF or goggle earth picture outline your bits and email this info when prop'd request for x.y.z cal has been passed before go on to explane you would be shooting from high seats as per basc best practice in the protection of crops etc , if this has been done all you need is the letter/email from essex police i would request this for sticking up at your force in the event !!and one from your land owner job done

I'm ecstatic phoned essex feo John hope earlier and had a good 5 minute chat about getting this land cleared for me 6.5 and he was happy with what I had to say and passed it off for me , i wished I had phoned him many months ago rather than ****ing into the wind with the met:( thanks to everyone who gave me advice it was very much appreciated thanks again

Back