Thread: .243 outfit

.243 outfit

before i shell out on a new .243 outfit ,i want to know if there are any 2nd hand bargains out there.looking for a scoped .243 prefer with a mod .tikka sako,swar S&B zeiss and prefer a synthetic stock.thanks for looking

I believe the .243 for sale by Dave Evans is still with him, I am not sure if he is still waiting for a forum member from Coventry area to view , however if you would like his contact number please pm me. Steve.

I have a 5 month old Sako Bavarian in a .243 with a lovely grained wooden stock. It's threaded to M14x1 with a stainless steel thread cap and an un-used T8 Reflex sound Mod with a 'Bush Muffler' neoprene mod cover. I'm selling it with 30mm optilock scope mounts without the scope, and the action has been partially bedded. It also has a very nice single set trigger.

If youíre not familiar with this model, hereís the link to the Sako website:

I've put 60 home loaded rounds through the rifle from new in total (without the sound mod on) and have developed a 70grain Nosler BT load that shoots ragged holes on the paper at 100m. I was very particular to shoot the rifle in when it was brand new, with a process of copper cleaning in between the first five rounds to break in the virgin barrel to prevent throat damage and increase barrel longevity.

Anyway, the whole package cost me £1680 new, and Iím after £1350 ONO for it as it is. It still looks the same as when it came out of the box for the first time a few months ago, with no marks whatsoever; itís as new.

Photos are available; let me know if youíre interested,

Anyone else selling one as I am looking for similar?

Hi Furrybean
    Seen a Tikka M55 in a oiled walnut stock includind Tikka high 1" Mounts, Oversized large ball bolt handle, rifle is already screw cut 1/2 UNF with end cap its for sale at £595 not bad for that mate !

Look here at it.