Thread: newbie in kent

newbie in kent

am just starting out as a newbie deerstalker. no experience yet, and from looking through topics on here and elsewhere the amount of knowledge needed to be comfortable that i could effect a safe and humane cull seems overwhelming!

I have found a local guy who seems massively experienced to take me out a few times this coming autumn, and then have dsc1 booked locally for november. Am hoping that by the end of the year i will have at least got to the stage where i do, at least, know what it is that I don't know (i.e.the known unknowns...)

In the meantime am digesting all the arguments about what scope, calibre, round type etc and aim to think about fac application post dsc1 one / autumn field experience. Was in local gun shop for a chat the other day and was told to stay off the forums!

Currently have an sgc and have enjoyed tucking into game birds for the last couple of years but appetite for eating meat has me looking into deer stalking as a source of fine food!

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome, and don't worry, it's not that complicated, really, but it does have to scope to make it as theoretically complex as you like. Sounds like you're doing everything right with someone to show you the ropes and DSC1 booked. If you're doing it through BASC, you're probably taking the course at the same place I did back in February 2012.

thanks guys...

pm problems - ignore

pm problems - ignore again