Open licence

chris .222

Hi my licence is up for the first renewal soon
i have been asked to shoot some Charlie's on different pieces of land. Can I insist on having my licence open I haven't spoken to my fao yet about it just would like some advise first ?

if you bite the hand that feeds you you will prob get the BIG f*** off ! .So i think a nice letter explaining why and for what resions you need it open'd .a letter from you farmer may also help.
norm is 3rd time in essex but that may have now changed! try for the :scared: AOLQ while your about it
atb

Had mine opened up 7 months after being granted it, so show competance in a letter and the additonal permission etc. And there should be no problem!

Have just had mine opened before first renewal,had a letter from a BASC AW and put my and they opened it...........they are usually automatically opened at first renewal anyway......i think the wording is "each case by its own merits".........

if you bite the hand that feeds you you will prob get the BIG f*** off ! .So i think a nice letter explaining why and for what resions you need it open'd .a letter from you farmer may also help.
norm is 3rd time in essex but that may have now changed! try for the :scared: AOLQ while your about it
atb
whats aolq mean ?

It would be more than reasonable to ask for it to be opened, plod human nature being what it is, insisting may not work in your favour.

Yeah insist on your ticket being opened up and they will insist you wait another five years :smug: guaranteed, as said a nice polite letter stating your case would be far more effective my friend.

Hi my licence is up for the first renewal soon
i have been asked to shoot some Charlie's on different pieces of land. Can I insist on having my licence open I haven't spoken to my fao yet about it just would like some advise first ?

You can't insist, but you can request.
My FEO said the following:
FAC used to last three years and then on renewal the restrictive conditions were usually removed.
So you can reasonably ask to have the conditions removed after 2.1/2 years or the half life of the FAC.

It does depend on individual circumstances.

Polite, professional and pragmatic - it does no harm to take these as an approach to FEO's. By pragmatic, I agree with others, provide them with the right answers they need to help open up your ticket eg. land permissions, testimonials, acquired qualifications etc.

Had mine opened up 7 months after being granted it, so show competance in a letter and the additonal permission etc. And there should be no problem!
I totally agree - the correct approach is vital - see my earlier post on the subject and good advice given to me by members
I had my restrictions lifted and Deer and AOLQ granted after 10months with West Mercia ( not open yet though!)
Good Luck
​Ed

Ask & it shal be given to you, this is the word of the lord!
insist and the answer may well be very short & blunt.
Take the good advice given here and ASK politely explaining your position & you should have no problems.

On my first application for my fac I was advised by a firearm police officer to state the main land which I had permission to shoot over and then in BOLD ' AND ANY LAND DEEMED SUITABLE BY CHIEF OFFICER OF POLICE WHICH PERMISSION HAS BEEN GRANTED. So on my first application I could shoot over all land I had authority to shoot .

On my first application for my fac I was advised by a firearm police officer to state the main land which I had permission to shoot over and then in BOLD ' AND ANY LAND DEEMED SUITABLE BY CHIEF OFFICER OF POLICE WHICH PERMISSION HAS BEEN GRANTED. So on my first application I could shoot over all land I had authority to shoot .

But that is the standard "closed" certificate wording that the OP has and is wishing to have changed.

But that is the standard "closed" certificate wording that the OP has and is wishing to have changed.
Well if that's the case why does he need an open certificate then, if he has that he can shoot anywhere with authority to do so? I never read it like that. Some people put down 1 area of land and are stuck until they change.

Back