Bisley.

yorky07

I shot on Bisley ​Ranges many years ago when in HMF, would I need to be in a Target shooting club to get on there now ?

​Kevin

NRA membership with appropriate Range qualification and you can then Hire a lane. They do the range certificates days every so often about £25 then that lasts for 3 years I believe.

Or you can join any of the Home Office Approved Clubs affiliated with the NRA. They usually have regular bookings.

I will be at Bisley for the next 3 days helping to RO at Pheonix. (Bit of shooting Saturday)

Given your location you might be best to try and go as a guest of a club member.

Lordy is correct, have a look at the NRA web site. You need to be a member of the NRA or an approved and affiliated club (NRA membership is often cheaper) before you can shoot you will need to do a shooter competency test which is no big deal, this is mandatory and enables you to shoot on MOD owned ranges this can be arranged through the NRA. Once you have jumped through these hoops you can book a range online and hire rifles if necessary.

You can shoot there either as-

1) an individual member of the NRA or as a member of the NRA rifle club.

2) as a member of an affiliated club on a booking made for the club by the club secretary. I believe that BASC are able to do this as they are a Home Office aproved club with affiliation to the NRA.

3) on an NRA guest (open) day as a try session.

As Lordy says there is a requirement to have a certificate of competence or to shoot under 1 to 1 supervision. The NRA are really the ones to contact on this one.

Bugger! Mod Ranges. What chance me shooting on my training ranges at Pirbright camp. The Guards depot.

Bugger! Mod Ranges. What chance me shooting on my training ranges at Pirbright camp. The Guards depot.

When large competitions and meetings such as the pistol meetings run by the National Pistol Association have been held in the past at Bisley they spilled over on to certain other ranges such as Ash range, but I don't know if this has been done much in recent years.

The club that I used to belong to when in Surrey hires MOD ranges once a month. Ash No4, Stoney Castle and "oh Bugger" cannot recall the name of the third in the Ash comlex. Can picture it in my minds eye but not the name.

Back