Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My police dog needs a new home sept 2013

My police dog needs a new home sept 2013

Hi everyone. I am an operational Police Dog handler and keen shooter. My current dog/best bud will be needing a new home in September this year. The reason I need to re home him is that my pet springer will not tolerate him in the house and he needs to enjoy retirement in his twilight yeas. I really don't want to let him go but hands are tied on this one as I don't have space for three dogs,(new police dog arrives in September)

He will be 9 in October and has no health problems. He is sable GSD and rather handsome. He's been excellent on the streets and accounted for a lot of prisoners. His forte is public order work and tracking. He doesn't like livestock and will chase them. He would be ok with a smaller non dominant dog, preferably a bitch but he runs off lead and on lead with my springer without any problems.

Basically I'm looking for a responsible person to rehome him. I have a dream that he is working on an estate with an estate worker, sitting in a 4 x 4, getting out for a run and looking after his new owner. He is very affectionate but is also very loyal and very protective. Of my three operational Police Dogs he's been my favourite. I've worked him for 14 months as my last lad died unexpectedly of a torsion and I rehandled him in place.

I have links to photos if anyone is interested. If anyone is interested please PM me and if people could put the word around I'd be most grateful. I am happy to travel to drop him off and have family in the midlands and back home in N.Yorks and Norfolk/Suffolk.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Supertanker; 23-05-2013 at 21:35.

shame to hear, you cant keep him, hope find a good home. What bred is he couldn't see

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    shame to hear, you cant keep him, hope find a good home. What bred is he couldn't see
    Good point! He's a GSD

GSD? Good Strong Dog??????????????

Atb Matt

GSD- German Shepard maby.

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    GSD? Good Strong Dog??????????????

Atb Matt
    ​Think its German Shepard.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Sable, (colour) ... German Shepherd Dog??
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yes, a German Shepherd Dog, originally from fantastic blood lines in Holland, bought by an American dog dealer in Germany and sold to Surrey Police...........and eventually found his way to me. If I said he looked like a dark coloured wolf I wouldn't be far off. He really is a fantastic dog and it truly guts me that I can't keep him.

Super dogs the gsd always had gun dogs untill I met the wife she has two ,wouldn't be without a shepherd in the yard now .
    good luck with the rehome .if it was upto the wife we would have a yard full of them .

ah i see thought it would be a german sherpard, but wasnt sure what the D stood for.

Atb Matt