Saki finfire mounts

Irish Bob

What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.

Bob,

Mine has parallel rails (can't remember the width) so I've got a cheap pair of aluminium airgun mounts on it. They seem to work ok.

Cheers,

Bob

What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.
If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .

If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .

They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!

They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!
I know about the getting old bit ....
The only other rings that use inserts are the Burris Signature rings - but they don't do a rf dovetail version (as far as i know) , they do do a weaver type though , not ideal but if you used a rf dovetail to weaver rail adaptor the Burris rings would be useable.

If you're damaging the scope through mounting you're doing it wrong.
You could use a single wrap of electrical tape if you're really worried.

Back