Quad insurance

willowbank

Hi can anyone point me in the direction of reasonably priced Quad insurance for road use, also some indication of reliability, or not, of Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki perhaps suggest best model/engine cc etc.

So far my wish list is;

Able to carry 2 of us
Road legal
Green plastics
at least 400cc
power steering
winch
auto tranmission
enclosed foot platforms(as opposed to just pegs) to keep mud back
decent sized racks front and back

Have I missed anything?

Any help pointers appreciated,

Regards WB

Hi can anyone point me in the direction of reasonably priced Quad insurance for road use, also some indication of reliability, or not, of Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki perhaps suggest best model/engine cc etc.

So far my wish list is;

Able to carry 2 of us
Road legal
Green plastics
at least 400cc
power steering
winch
auto tranmission
enclosed foot platforms(as opposed to just pegs) to keep mud back
decent sized racks front and back

Have I missed anything?

Any help pointers appreciated,

Regards WB
Try these people for insurance. I pay £104 per year

01933 351697

as for the rest, can't help. I run an old Suzuki quadrunner 250, does everything I ask of it, don't need a winch, if it does ever get so stuck it can't get itself out, I just pick it up. Power steering ? Why ? What sort of land will you be using it on ? If you need help steering it out of ruts, your better off staying in them

Pete

Would you be road legal with two up?

Interesting question, my guess is no as nearly all the owners handbooks state no passengers to be carried, and the footwells are not big enough for two either.
As far as I know the only one that would be fully legal is one of the Polaris quads, as they do make a 2 seater, also the rules on road registration have been tightened up recently. The Polaris comes as road legal, all the others need extra's, and the new legislations requires that they be type approved for road use, you would need to look and see which manufacturers have compliant models at this time.

Neil. :)

try
NFU for insurance
my canam can either have two seats in place legaly or a large rear carrier for approx 3 roe

Just had a quote from NFU for off road use only £252. Wf1
Nfu wanted £300+ from me.
As to passengers, nope, mines agri reg so no passengers allowed (on road), but with the advantage of no mot, free tax disc, but no nipping down the pub. Though if the farms I shoot were further away from each other/me, then I'd be a bit stuck due to the '1.5km from base/between sites' ruling

​pete

Back