GPS SATMAP

lyon

I was wondering if anyone has a satmap 10 and how the get on with it. I had a look at one in a shop and the salesmen was showing me every thing it can do looks very good he even dropped it off the floor and still worked .
Thanks lyon.

I have had one since their inception, the simplest ideas are the best, a colour o.s. map you can do anything with, except fold it! they give a base map, to add to that you can buy map sd chips, even had one made site centred!, electronic compass, local to your position times of dawn / dusk, elevation, etc, etc, I still take a compass & cut down paper map though! now they are p.c. enabled for updates & anything else you want to load up or down, best batteries are the new Lithium NON-RECHARGE jobs, the recharge packs, (I've had two) can be a pain & mine had issues with the unit crashing while using them. Don't know if you can still get a discount if you can give a H.M. forces number. Steve. :D

Just found out Memory Map will not display but you can still plot routes way points etc :evil:

Looks like I will have to try the Discoverer maps!

Sat map , great idea, sadly I don't think it delivers, eats batteries and will crash if you have too much info on it.

Have gone back to my old garmin and a os map

I have a SatMap Active 10 Plus GPS!!

hi i have one of these devices,

The SatMap Active 10 is a hard piece of kit and can withstand all weathers.

With the ability to pan and zoom rapidly you’ll never be waiting for a GPS signal.

When you buy the SatMap Active 10 Plus GPS you get with it as standard, the carry case, USB cable to link to the internet and other devices, charger with multi country adaptors, manual, batteries as well as a lithium polymer battery, quick user guide, route planner worth and a map voucher that entitles you to a 1/3 off your next map.

The Good
  • Long battery life (excellent)
  • Shock proof casing
  • Fast GPS mapping capabilities
  • Outstanding visual multimedia functions
  • Withstands ALL weather
  • Robust – I’ve dropped mine several times and also go it wet and its still fine.
  • Buttons are large meaning that it is easy to use with gloves on.
  • The online route software is easy to use and makes route planning a breeze

The Bad
  • It is expensive – but you get what you pay for
  • From cold it can take a few mins to track satellites – but I just remember to switch it on as I’m putting my boots on and its fine by the time I start setting off.
  • Larger than most units – but I like this as theres nothing worse than trying to fiddle with a small unit with gloves on

hope you find this review helpful!

thanks

Back