SNP looking to raise the price of an FAC?

Nobody said life was supposed to be fair.
After all if it was fair they'd pay us to put up with the stuff they put on the BBC

Neil. :)

I suspect a devolved Scotland would be a completely gun free zone (apart from the cops and criminals) where the wolves, Lynx can roam freely to control other populations.

​Hmmm

A tip for anyone living in Scotland ,never vote for anyone with a name that sound like a fish ( Salmond or Sturgeon )

"While I welcome the moves to tighten this legislation over recent years, there is no doubt that devolving this area will give the Scottish government the powers to better control the number of lethal weapons in society and thereby help to protect and reassure the Scottish public."(Justice Secretary, Kenny MacAskill)

That sounds ominous, some police chiefs used to come out with that one as well.

It is a euphemism for

"we haven't got a clue about how to deal with armed crime so will pick on lawful gun owners instead, the public don't really understand the lack of connection between illegal and legal use and it will grab us a nice headline for a day or two"

atb Tim

"we haven't got a clue about how to deal with armed crime so will pick on lawful gun owners instead, the public don't really understand the lack of connection between illegal and legal use and it will grab us a nice headline for a day or two"

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing. When it comes to the SNP it would have been sufficient to stop after "we haven't got a clue" as this would cover their entire range of policy decisions.

As most of wee Alec's politics seems to be built on spite, ego and hatred I suspect that his approach to gun ownership comes from the attitude that it is important to purge the country of the "rich landowners/" I've no idea why as most countries try to court such investment. However, we all know how it will end - the rich landowners will still have their estates and guns and working class people like myself will not be able to afford to shoot in Scotland.

This thread is amazing one Scotsman has answered the rest are all from England you people seem to have more interest than we do, over what we pay for a FAC divide the price up over 5years it is washers ,I don't see any one of you moaning about the TV licence , and a fair proportion of the country has Sky but still have to pay a TV licence
Leave Scottish issues to Scotland eventually we'll be better off ,that what the English are worried about .

This thread is amazing one Scotsman has answered the rest are all from England you people seem to have more interest than we do, over what we pay for a FAC divide the price up over 5years it is washers ,I don't see any one of you moaning about the TV licence , and a fair proportion of the country has Sky but still have to pay a TV licence
Leave Scottish issues to Scotland eventually we'll be better off ,that what the English are worried about .
I hope that everything turns out OK for the Scots, but given the apparent urban orientation of the SNP government you only have to look at the Netherlands to see where this might lead. atb Tim

If you really think we will be better off with the likes of Kenny Macaskill in charge I'm afraid you are in for a rude awakening!!

​And you are right, it is time for Scotland to wake up to the realities of what the SNP will do to us, rather than listen to the hype!!

Nationalism is a wonderfully thing that IMHO is best kept for the stadium not parliament " united we stand decided we fall" comes to mind, and far from an experiment in self governance it's more like a hand of poker played by the devil with people's lives as the chips, but that's for them to decide not us, however I do think that the shooting fraternity in Scotland would find things much harder then if not impossible.

If you really think we will be better off with the likes of Kenny Macaskill in charge I'm afraid you are in for a rude awakening!!

​And you are right, it is time for Scotland to wake up to the realities of what the SNP will do to us, rather than listen to the hype!!

​+1

Well, at the moment it is still a United Kingdom even if we're being offered no say in what happens. Mind you, my next-door neighbour doesn't get a say either, and he was born and raised in Scotland and his father still farms there ;)

Given that pretty much all my "holiday" spend each year goes into Scotland, I'm very interested in what happens come 2014. Much as I love the country, if the prevailing view becomes one of "guns are not welcome" then I'll spend my money elsewhere. It is getting easier and easier to find sporting opportunities across the channel or in Eastern Europe, so why go somewhere where you feel you're being branded as undesirable simply because you're a law-abiding gun owner.....or from South of the border?

As for the cost of a TV license - haven't had a TV for nearly eight years. Happy for other people to waste their time and money stuck in front of a TV, but not for me thank you.

willie_gunn

Just to get this straight. I am against any further moves to tighten legislation around any legitimate form of shooting in the UK.

As far as devolution is concerned I think you will find the Pollsters say that it is a much more popular option South of the border than North.

So fill your boots pal. The English are not worried at all.

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:And Scotland will win the world cup
I will shoot a gold medal unicorn

Geordie

Not going into this one too deeply
But suffice to say, There should be no issue, as long as that wee fat media whore gets slapped down at voting time and all sensible Scots decide to stick with Great Britain.

But suffice to say, There should be no issue, as long as that wee fat media whore gets slapped down at voting time and all sensible Scots decide to stick with Great Britain.

I suspect the thoughts of many.

John

I very much suspect that you will be proved right. atb Tim

I used to think that this was the almost certain outcome.

I no longer think this - I'm increasingly sure that there are enough people here who are carried away by either a knee jerk hatred of the English or a perfectly understandable national pride. They make the mistake of equating independence with good governance, and don't analyse the SNP critically enough. My experience since moving to Scotland has been that the competence and transparency of every level of government here is poor, and that the SNP is even less fit to govern than the alternatives.

Back