25/06 help

jimmy milnes

hi everyone,
hoping for a little advice if poss as new to the stalking game, my problem is this, having decided on my chosen caliber "which took me forever" i now am faced with the drama of make !! I'm swaying towards a T3 as all the write ups are good, but would welcome any views on this or other makes in this caliber from people who shoot it
many thanks in advance
jimmy

Hi there, I have a T3 laminated stainless in .243 and, although I probably wouldn't have another .243, I'd definitely have another T3.

I shoot a Tika T3 in 25/06, with a moderator T8 and a scope it is nicely balanced and I can easily stalk with it. But it holds a lot of powder and needs a lot of barrel, in the T3 2900 with a 117 g bullet is a struggle, factory federal only do 2800. With a 100 g it easily does 3250 - to date with good bullet performance on deer.

Do I need the velocity, that's another thread.

jimmy milnes said:
hi everyone,
hoping for a little advice if poss as new to the stalking game, my problem is this, having decided on my chosen caliber "which took me forever" i now am faced with the drama of make !! I'm swaying towards a T3 as all the write ups are good, but would welcome any views on this or other makes in this caliber from people who shoot it
many thanks in advance
jimmy
I know where there is a nice sako m995 in 25-06 if you are interested private sale and he is not asking silly money he would just prefer a .243

I'm no rifle "expert", but I wouldn't swap my Sako 75 25-06 for anything else. Now that the 85 is out, there are bound to be some second hand ones around

i shot a .270 for years and decided to give the 25,06 a try .

in that time i had the 25,06 i found it to be a excellent cal ,i shot many sika and some reds and fallow with it .

the barrel wore and i rebarreled it to .270 .im now using 110gr v max on hinds ,there like a laser beam to shoot .

i would not change it now .

tikka or sako you cant go wrong

Back