Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stag poachers caught

Stag poachers caught

Todays Oban Times has a report from Fort William sherrif court where 2 men from Ayrshire were caught red handed coming to pick up 2 stags they had shot in Glen Etive at beginnining of month.A local driving by spotted 2 dead stags at side of road at 130am and alerted police and local stalkers and they caught the 2 men returning to pick up beasts,both admitted they had come up to poach and were fined 600 each,FAC,s revoked and all their gear confiscated!

That a too bad. Is that a one off or is it common to get to court.

Should have been 6000!!
    What about their vehicle?
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

doesnt say anything about vehicle just says rifles and equipment worth 2000 confiscated.Not been too many poaching cases that I can think of up this way recently though about a month ago a 24 year old on Mull was done for shooting a stag with a 30-06 with a house directly behind it though it wasnt hit a neighbour seen the guy taking the shot and he was found guilty after trial,think he was fined 1000 but it didnt say if his Fac was revoked

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    doesnt say anything about vehicle
    You wouldn't want it, 'twas a shed.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

A good result well done to the member of the public and the local stalkers .

I wonder if any of the confiscated gear will get on here?

Last edited by Eyefor; 31-05-2013 at 10:44.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nice for them to do something for a change

we are seeinga lot of evidence of poaching on our ground and that of our neighbours. most appears to be out teh pick up window.
    Police interested but never see them about.