.243 fireformed in another rifle....

wikedwickedmotox

A good friend of mine has given me some .243 fireformed lapua brass, these have been through one firing the question i have is should full length size them and fire form them? I do know this is the correct way but can i just necksize, trim to length and use?
Thaanks Will

By all means neck size but don't come crying when you jam one in the chamber... you know what you have to do...

A good friend of mine has given me some .243 fireformed lapua brass, these have been through one firing the question i have is should full length size them and fire form them? I do know this is the correct way but can i just necksize, trim to length and use?
Thaanks Will

I got some once fired .270 brass yesterday and i cant even close my bolt on them so it will be full length sizing for me when i start to reload.

nfg to you feller ! FL resize them and start again as jb above :eek: taking a lump of wood to your bolt can be ££££££££££££££££££££ cockup

Depends if his chambers slacker than yours? If it is and the cases fit without undue force, then neck size them and get on with it. If there's a load of resistance then FL size them.

:rofl: you know it made sence i'v got the same to do tomorow as my new rpa is ajusting to its new home and i'v got to do all my norma prepped cases from my last .243 to FL size all over again :doh: as no longer have my old mate the scout . i shall have two weetabix and have at them .
:tiphat:

I only had 50 to do so not all bad only took 10 minutes or so, enjoy yourself! at least my garage tis nice and warm now with all this sun we are having!
:rofl: you know it made sence i'v got the same to do tomorow as my new rpa is ajusting to its new home and i'v got to do all my norma prepped cases from my last .243 to FL size all over again :doh: as no longer have my old mate the scout . i shall have two weetabix and have at them .
:tiphat:

did you try to chamber them? 50:50 whether then came from a smaller chamber or a larger one

I have 2 .270's and have once fired brass from my father's

works in one of mine but not the other
I see no point in FL unnecessarily

overworks your brass for no reason IMO

Back