Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a double this morning

Had a double this morning

Went for a stalk this morning cracking morning deer all over the place on the way to my ground at 4.30 got sat in a seat for an hour, had a gut feeling nowt was going to happen here just a small doe mooching about so up sticks and went to another seat that I have had five blank outings in but what the hell fingers crossed.
    i got set up in the seat glassing the wood for movement but not about after half an hour a beast to my right in the trees some 80 yds off barked the wind was quartering to its direction so it had winded me , it's wasn't an alarm bark just a I know something's not right type of bark in a low tone anyway after 20 mins a doe came out forty yds from where she had been barking feeding out onto the rushes looking back all the time at what ever was hidden in the wood , she fed out slowly then ran across the field to a mature wood on the edge of the wood she stopped and looked back from where she had just come then walked into the wood, glassing from where she had first been seen but nothing then after five mins or so a buck came out in full tilt running across the field following the does line, I shouted loud hoooooowwwwwww he slowed up and stood looking in my direction he dropped to a hart shot 150yds from the seat, I reloaded and watched him he was down and bleeding out. To my left another buck that was behind me ran flat out over the rushy field slowing up at the edge of the wood then he turned right and started walking down the wood towards where I was sat after some ten mins he appeared in front of me 120yds off broadside I was on him again he dropped to a slightly high hart shot just clipping the underside of his spine, two nice bucks in the bag and it was only 6.20 back home to a good breakfast and a clean up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

You b ugger you've only put that on to pee me off knowing I cant get out, well done mate

Well done!
    Congratulations and Waidmannsheil!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Two crackers there remmy,Put the one to shame what i got this morning.
    ​Atb John.

Well done pal, that's a cracking morning! 2 bonnie beasts as well! Bonus!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

A cracking pair Dave,well done mate.

Very nice,long tines on the left hand beast.

Good do pal sometimes them gut feelings pay off eh