Lead is dead

Muddy Springer

Going to do my bit for the environment and follow the lead of the RSPB and FC Scotland and go lead free. Its the future, no point trying to argue the toss. Lead is poisonous and expensive, copper is just expensive. :D

Going to do my bit for the environment and follow the lead of the RSPB and FC Scotland and go lead free. Its the future, no point trying to argue the toss. Lead is poisonous and expensive, copper is just expensive. :D

What gave you to believe that lead as used by shooters in bullets is poisonous?

Muddy Springer,

Copper is poisonous, just ask the trees.

I have a four metre lead run into my house off the water main and it isn't "classed" as dangerous.

​Stan

What gave you to believe that lead as used by shooters in bullets is poisonous?
Just type in lead&poison into google. Simples.

"Although lead poisoning is one of the oldest known work and environmental hazards, the modern understanding of the small amount of lead necessary to cause harm did not come about until the latter half of the 20th century. No safe threshold for lead exposure has been discovered—that is, there is no known amount of lead that is too small to cause the body harm"

Muddy Springer,

There is also no safe level of Uranium ingestion but it's in the water here.....

​Stan

Hope your going to stop using a vehicle thats pollutes the environment and not use a plane to fly anywhere or use a central heating system or buy any products that are made from oil derived products.
Hey but maybe you are the only Carbon neutral person around.
RSBP-FC what a joke they are. They use poisons in the form of baited and spraying.

Last edited:

Copper compounds can be toxic as well. atb Tim

I have been thinking along the same lines, so I have given up drinking water or any product that may contain it, that the supplier cannot guarantee has not come through a lead pipe, or eating any crops grown within a mile of a road( lead may have been retained in the soil , from before lead free petrol.
so far I am doing O.K., in my mind, but the doctors have given me a week to live.

I was thinking about giving up shooting because the anti's don't agree with it? Type LACS into Google and it will prove it! There's no point fighting them after all? :rofl:

I have read some stuff on this site but this thread is up there with the best of them! Hang your head Muddy Springer! You partake in a sport that some people don't like. Learn to live with it. Giving up lead is not going to make Bill Oddie and his mates like you. They will just dislike you marginally less!

Last edited:
I have been thinking along the same lines, so I have given up drinking water or any product that may contain it, that the supplier cannot guarantee has not come through a lead pipe, or eating any crops grown within a mile of a road( lead may have been retained in the soil , from before lead free petrol.
so far I am doing O.K., in my mind, but the doctors have given me a week to live.

Thanks you for that. Gave me a right laugh.

Can't knock it. Good to be ahead of the curve in many respects. Far better to be used to non lead and comfortable, confident with it than wait till the almost inevitable lead ban.

From what I'm told the FC ban is just a trial, as for the RSPB......

Now where can I find some .22LR with copper bullets?

Hope your going to stop using a vehicle thats pollutes the environment and not use a plane to fly anywhere or use a central heating system or buy any products that are made from oil derived products.
Hey but maybe you are the only Carbon neutral person around.
RSBP-FC what a joke they are. They use poisons in the form of baited and spraying.

x 2 on that patjack.....

Don't worry the deer won't have time to die an agonising lead poisoning death they will be a long time dead from the trauma of the bullet strike:rofl:

Back