Charly's Boar

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All
I've had the pleasure of meeting Charly of Shavesgreen shooting services a couple of times over the last few weeks after he enquired and purchased my .375 H&H.

Last night he came up to collect the rifle and while he was here Andy and I invited him to try for a boar.

Before dark Andy and Charly got into a highseat on a new bit of woodland we have, I was left behind in the truck to eat my sarnies, have a coffee, listen to the footie while waiting for a shot to echo out.
I had very high hopes for this seat as we had been feeding it for a while and there was lots of activity on rubbing trees and around the feeders.
Yep you guessed it never saw a bl**dy thing :rolleyes:

We then moved on down the road to another patch where we have been getting quite a lot of damage, after being there about five minutes we spotted a group of boar including two large sows and 5+smaller boar moving in and out of the crop.
We made some ground and I told Charly to shoot one of the smaller ones unless we spot a larger male boar.
When we got on them again there were five smaller boar stood out of the crop feeding away from us, I said to Charly to shoot the first one that turned broadside which he made a fine job of doing about half a second after the young boar turned :D .
Not the biggest boar in Herefordshire but Charly's first and a very satisfying one for Andy and I after about 7 outings trying to catch up with the bunch that were doing the damage in this area.

Cheers Charly maybe we'll find you a "Bigun" next time.

Wayne
DSC00800.jpg

Wayne,

thanks so much for your efforts last night I had a blast! My thanks to Andy and youself, you`re both a credit to the sport.

All the best,
Charly.

Nice one guys,
So it's 7 - 1 to the boar then Wayne :lol:

Still say it's one of the most exciting things i've done with my clothes on :eek:

Jonathon

Well done Wayne, yes Charly he is a credit !!!
What the hell you doing selling your 375 Wayne?? and a few other i saw? Have you finally learnt and getting rid of the "plastic pigs" and getting some proper rifles like Heyms? :lol:

John DM said

Well done Wayne, yes Charly he is a credit !!!
What the hell you doing selling your 375 Wayne?? and a few other i saw? Have you finally learnt and getting rid of the "plastic pigs" and getting some proper rifles like Heyms?

John,
Only for a week or so mate, the new "plastic" Blaser 375 is being fitted with a moderator as we speak :D I'd have to be the size of you to carry that 458 of yours around :lol: :lol: .

I missed the 3C's show as well this year mate all them ice creams and tight "T"shirts ;) not the same without you :lol:

Cheers mate, Hi to the family.

Wayne

Well done Charly, and well done Wayne once again you have demonstrated you generosity. Is it true, are you after a knighthood :eek:

Arise Sir Wayne, slayer of boar and benefactor to fellow shooters, friend to farmers etc. etc :D :D

well done mate

John

John Robbo said
john robbo www.yorkshired Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAYNE DAVIES wrote:
Hi John
With ears like mine I'd have to trust the bugger with the sword

hi wayne i'm not saying a word.

well done see you soon.
think i shot a buck last week may go gold

Hi John
Might as well cut the one bugger off, it aint a lot of good since you shot that 7mm by it ;)

Well done on the buck mate, you bringing it down to be measured??

I think it's fantastic that Charly scored and such a choice size of beast too. Well done and keep up the posting and pics!!! :D

Those pigs look a little cleaner than our filthy swine.

Couple we got this time last year. pic 1 - boar about 80kg and then a big sow that had a heap of suckers running with her about the same size.

n863005592_4403366_1919.jpg

n863005592_4403380_5752.jpg

Back