Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Rest Bags

Bench Rest Bags

Guys, i'm currently searching for a set of bench rest bags for zeroing my rifle and for load testing.

I have a nice little 100 yard range set up, but think I have reached the limit of my load testing using the bipod . . .I'm looking to buy a set of bench rest bags.

Has anyone got a set that they no longer use and are willing to sell, or indeed can you recommend me a new set which are solid but don't cost the earth ? ? ?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Look great, but waaaay out my price range mate.

Buy two el cheapo wash bags from your local el cheapo store (if you're lucky you'll find some in neoprene like material)
    Empty the bags then fill them with kitty litter or sand...job done
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

My advice would be to buy a pair of proper, good quality, reversed leather bags and fill them with aquarium sand. Don't overfill as you need to be able to mould them a little, especially the rear bag as it is the 'squeezability' that gives you the really fine adjustment when you are shooting.

Yes, these will cost you a bit but they last forever and give great results. I frequently zero rifles with three or four shots (then a final group to confirm) so the saving in ammunition alone will soon make up for the additional cost.

Nothing wrong with good old fashioned sand bags or get a nice suede cousin cover & fill with sand use a stick to form a U shape in it and your away costs pennies

I also have a couple of cloth money bags from the bank with sand in, I use them to support my right wrist and rest my right elbow when shooting from the bench.

If you can eliminate as many human variables as possible it becomes much easier to fine tune your loads and equipment.

Another tip when load developing is to shoot at 200m to magnify any small increases in group size especially with inherently accurate calibres like .308 and .222 where just about any powder/bullet/load combo will produce good groups.

Send me your address I have a set,of new only filled once,you can have.
    Regards Tod.

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    ​+1 buy right, buy once..

Don't use rice to fill them as I was told.

Mice like rice don't you know!!!!!

I to am now needing to buy some new bench rest bags.