Sod's law. Wrong gun

Scots_stalker

I was out tonight doing some squirrel swatting with the 22semi , and this scrawny bugger just walks past me within 10 ft.

ha ha, very nice. must have been enjoyable to see.

call me soft, but these days I love the odd encounter with deer and fox cubs and so on, and just sit there and watch them rather than pull the trigger..after all, they are quite beautiful creatures :love:

im glad im not the only one. i suppose it should make us glad we have a choice of guns to go shooting with but it never feels that way does it

It's called catch and release stalking. You get close, you could have shot it, but choose not to for whatever reason and save yourself all the gralloching larder work etc. plenty of boys around our way wouldn't worry about it 22 rf, nor having permission to shoot etc. I have hardly seen anything this year - poachers at work, and other members have found plenty of gralloching and heads with 22rf sized holes in the adjoining nature reserve when out for a walk.

This always seemed to happen to me while using highseats, now I take an CF and a RF, if the deer and foxes are a no show I shoot the rabbits with little disturbance

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, I'm pretty sure I'd miss it and the woodcock would be fine...

Yes, yes, I know it's dangerous, I'm just being a smartypants!

I can see how repetition of this argument may eventually get to me and I'll have to buy one. I was leafing through the Merkel catalogue yesterday. One of these days. When I have a justifiable need for such an item. And five grand.

Keep an eye on the Holts auctions - a cheeky low bid and you can get lucky.

Back