DSC 1 South Wales ?

Grunt894

Hi I'm looking into doing my dsc1 in the near future where's the nearest place to me and details if anyone knows.
Im located in gwent South Wales
Thanks
grant

If you can get enough names together, contact the BDS and see if they will organise a date. I did mine on the range by the severn bridge. I also know of a 200m range in South Wales who are looking to run the DSC1.

Ade

Criggion Estate near Welshpool in Mid Wales hold them several times a year. Gaz

BASC usually run one near Llandilo in the autum ask Meurig Rees he usually organises it and is director Wales for BASC now that Glyn Cook has retired, if not he will deffinatly know the nearest.

Last edited:
Grunt I live not a million miles from you and tried to arrange a course last year after several people told me that they were interested. It wasn’t for my benefit as I had done it years ago but I was prepared to do some of the arrangements for them and we already had a suitable 100 yard full bore range to use for the shooting tests, and a classroom. Fifteen people originally said that they were interested and we were over subscribed. I actually went to a great deal of effort to arrange this and the guys who said that they were interested actually selected a training provider and I handed the final arrangements over to someone who would be on the course. When it came to crunch time only two guys were prepared to put their money where their mouths were and most pulled out citing various excuses. I shan’t bother again and if they want a course they can make their own arrangements and be prepared to travel more than 20 miles or so to do so. After all there is no shortage of training providers for DSC1 if you simply look.

BASC usually run one near Llandilo in the autum ask Myreg Rees he usually organises it and is director Wales for BASC now that Glyn Cook has retired, if not he will deffinatly know the nearest.
Unfortunately since Glyn's retirement the service and number of events have declined to a poor level.

Funnily enough I collared Meurig at a petrol station last week about this very subject, he told me that there were no plans for the course at Llandielo this year but they were hoping to run one at a new venue in Aberystwyth. He could not give a date as they couldn't find an assessor to run the course yet.

I spoke to Meurig about this and so did a friend we were also told maybe Abeystwyth. I know of four people local to me that say they would like to do thier DSC1 .... Maybe when it come =s to it though they would be like 8x57 said

You are right just looked online and there is only 1 corse in Wales this year and that's in Rossett, north Wales for DSC1 on 1-4 August, & that is the only corse in anything a very poor state of afairs obviously focus must now be elsewhere but I'd like to know where as there never seems to be **** all done for or in Wales for us shooters.

Unfortunately since Glyn's retirement the service and number of events have declined to a poor level.

You are right just looked online and there is only 1 corse in Wales this year and that's in Rossett, north Wales for DSC1 on 1-4 August, & that is the only corse in anything a very poor state of afairs obviously focus must now be elsewhere but I'd like to know where as there never seems to be **** all done for or in Wales for us shooters.

Too right. Reading between the lines it seams that they are only talking about Aber as they have an office there??
Seams to be **** all on in South Or west Wales.

AL,

I thought someone had dropped a boat on you!!! Where you Been?

On a Serious note, I've already started the ball rolling, but I need an indication of numbers, so ANYONE who would be interested in attending please reply to the thread.

All the best
Ade

Have confirmed with the management of the range, they are well up for it, so waiting on some details from BDS. Another suggestion was a butchering/ carcass prep day, so we might be able to add that aswell. I'll keep you all informed as we work out the details.

Ade

Ade,

Boat ha ha yes after the sun finally coming out for more than a week i have been bows under with jobs that need doing yesterday! now its raining ill get a chance to catch up.

How are you and the family?

ATB Al

8x57 I can't understand why people would pull out. it would be much more convenient for there to be a place that dose it locally. If there is anyone thinking of setting one up in the South Wales area count me in! I'm willing and have cash waiting

Grunt there are several training providers that will run a course for you in your area. I'm not talking about micky mouse trainers but well respected individuals and companies. All you need to do is gather enough people together that want to do the course and supply a suitable venue. We actually had a suitable venue and range that could be used free of charge but when it came to actually coughing up the money for the course most of those that were eager to do the course started backing away.

Back