Hello all!

WillingOutcast

Hi,

I have just graduated from University doing a computer science degree and I have found myself struck by a growing interest in the idea of trying my hand at some more 'traditional' things.

Currently, I am in the middle of planning how to make my first knife and I really would like to try my hand at some deer stalking, for starters.

Coming at all of these things from complete ignorance I feel like I should apologize for all of the stupid questions but I am looking forward to learning new things from you all.

WO

Welcome to SD.

There's an unwritten law of inverse effect in operation on here - people feel obliged to apologise on first joining for nearly any and all questions, comments etc - when we ALL start somewhere and helping people in the sport is a large part of what SD is about. Then time goes by, they get comfy and 1000+ posts on, spout drivel, wind each other up and fall out over what day of the week it is - without ever a word of apology! :D

In short, do not worry about questions. Asking them openly helps many others reluctant to post. If its a real concern feel free to PM - certainly us and a quick read of posts over time will give you clues as to others happy to help.

Good luck with the 'journey'.

Welcome to the site, wise words above from Andy, heed them well

John

Thank you for that. It is always a bit intimidating when you start looking into something like this. The sheer volume of avalible information is intimidating, especially as I have no way of telling how accurate and reliant it is. But I guess that this forums is a good place to start.

Back