my first medal

stone

after my recent surprise i had at Weston Park when i took a fallow head in to be measured
i was asked to post a few pics by a few members
story goes
i shot this beast , a couple of years ago late one september
on a recently planted field which now had a bit of wet on it , which made dragging impossible
ok it was a little to heavy for me to drag
so cautiously i drove across the field hoping not to make a mess or even get stuck
on struggling to get it into the back of the motor as it was a big lad
45 mins aprox later i was back on solid track with a big grin across my sweat covered face
once back at the larder i could examine the head a little closer
following a phone call to a cic judge a few years earlier about another Fallow i had shot just for a rough guide on measurements
i deemed this latest beast still not big enough to qualify for a medal going by the info i had recieved
so for the last few years it has sat in the garden of my taxidermist just in-case he needed one
luckily for me it was still there and since i hav moved to a bigger house i had a little wall space
i suggested i had better hav it back as it was the biggest i had ever shot
so on that
Weston Park it was
a day of shopping and anticpation wondering yes or no
as it happened it went BRONZE
so £40 later, a few words of congratulations and a jaw that almost hit the floor
my first ever medal
i was shocked as i am not and never will be a trophy hunter in that sense
here's a few pics of what could of been lost for ever
P1100068.jpg

P1100086.jpg

P1100071.jpg

P1100076.jpg

P1100080.jpg

P1100112.jpg

just goes to show
all that glitters is not gold

243varmint said:
Propper job mate
you forgot to say it's a WILD one ;)

I told you to smile on that last photo :rolleyes:

Nice one

Jonathon
sory Jonathon
i agree YES it was a wild one
also forgot to mention my photographer :lol: :lol:
cheers guys

Welldone and show quality stock and to me a medal means that my ground is being managed in the correct way.

Well done Rich its very nice to say the least,i had a roe measured at the midland its my best but short of a bronze but it gives me an idea of whats required you yust don't know all that realy matters is the memory of the stalk and extraction
all the best
Wayne
Amberdog

first medal

Well done Richard,
congrats on a good beast, it's good to take a wild animal that can go anywhere, rather than in the confines of a park.

well done.

robin.

Back