Schmidt and Bender ballistic turrets

scottski

Is it possible to have ballistic turrets retro fitted to my 12 year old 3-12x42 classic scope? I have checked out their web site but can't seem to find any info.

Yep, they will do it, for a price!
I emailed them for a quote a couple of years back - sorry - don't have email address handy.
Cheers,
hh

I can't Rember where I saw it. But someone made a self additive tape with the marking made out for yardage.
He found out what the tradjectory was using quick load or somthing like that. Then zeroed his scope@ 100 yards. He then just turned the turrets for the required click value then mark the sticker. Instant cheap target turrets!
You can test the markings worked at the range!

Muir, a while ago said that most modern shooters lacked Innovation!
Do we Really only use stuff that is made for us!

Give it a try. Unless you haven't got room on the turrets or they are the cap type!

I can't Rember where I saw it. But someone made a self additive tape with the marking made out for yardage.
He found out what the tradjectory was using quick load or somthing like that. Then zeroed his scope@ 100 yards. He then just turned the turrets for the required click value then mark the sticker. Instant cheap target turrets!
You can test the markings worked at the range!

Muir, a while ago said that most modern shooters lacked Innovation!
Do we Really only use stuff that is made for us!

Give it a try. Unless you haven't got room on the turrets or they are the cap type!

There is no room on conventional Schmidt turrets for turret wraps. The retro fit dial turrets are circa £100 per turret plus postage.

Hi mate I bought a S&B 8x56 scope with custom turrets fitted that were apparently done at the factory. I emailed S&B to find out more info but never got a reply. Please let me know if you get a response then I'll use the same contact details. It surprised me tbh that no-one came back to me.

I'll get a pic of my scope later for you. They are very well made but should be for that dosh!!

I sent an email this morning and have got a reply already. I don't think I will be buying the turrets as they are too expensive for me. €134.45 plus vat and postage per turret. Also asked them for a price on a retro fitted illuminated reticle and that came in at €703.36 plus vat and postage. At those prices I will stick to holding over at range and will finish 10 minutes earlier on dark!
Good quick reply from them. Stratts, go to their website and select contact,then click on ask a question and away you go. Hopefully you will get the info you want.

Yep done it and got a swift reply from Thomas using the email above this time. Gotta send the serial number for more info,

Cheers

I aint used them at all yet mate I bought the scope, zeroed it on the aught 6 which had to go and I haven't got any mounts sorted for the 26mm tube yet for my new rifle!! Considering selling it now anyway as it was a bit of an impulse buy and the money will sort me some good bins out, maybe yours, lol!!

Cheers

Back