Consistency and logic?

qwerty2008

Two years ago I changed address and constabulary. I went from light touch efficient regulation, to the opposite and it got slightly messy for a while because I had a bigger pig calibre rifle plus an unusual species to shoot as part of my job - but all that is a different story and to be fair solutions were found.

But my question for this thread is how can the police reconcile limiting an individual to a lower calibre by saying that their land not not cleared for a higher calibre, when another person with an open certificate could freely use a bigger calibre on that same land?

Sadly because most of the people dealing with firearms certificates/variations etc have no working knowledge of the same!!!
despite being paid a salary to do this work.
sinbad

Sadly because most of the people dealing with firearms certificates/variations etc have no working knowledge of the same!!!
despite being paid a salary to do this work.
sinbad

This situation is not well known, probably due to some shooters / newbies being cowed, by those who try to make laws, instead of applying them.

Generally an open ticket is granted to an experienced person. If the police approve a piece of land for a lower calibre and the ownership of that land changes hands, if the new owner is an inexperienced certificate holder with a closed ticket he could shoot on that land which may not be a safe piece of land for an inexperienced person.

Back