A stab at one:
IMG_3324_zps585dd7a7.jpg

IMG_3321_zpsaab3a6a6.jpg

IMG_3320_zpsafcf11dd.jpg

IMG_3314_zpsd288dbeb.jpg

Cheers

K

Bag is a Badlands "Monster Fanny" pack.

Gambrel is my design but fabricated by a site engineer at my London office. I have since redesigned it to be far more compact. I'm aware aluminium and blood don't mix but if made of steel there would be little point as you really can't beat the David Stratton folding design.

I also have a far more compact (less OTT) hoist that operates with mini yachting pulleys and 5mm paracord.

K

Stick a friction hitch on the bottom pulley to capture progress and you will have a self locking system. Nice and simple, i use something similar to pull trees over with!:D

Thanks. I’ve got a very good book on knots somewhere .....................

What I’d like to do is convert one of the double blocks so its is self-locking as you see on these purpose built portable deer gambrel kits.

Cheers

K

Love the rope work cracking. It's really hard to explain knots but you can achieve the "lock off" with a butterfly knot which is a loop. You can only set the knot once you have the rope rigged, once you know the high you want to set the carcass at tie the butterfly knot in the rope your pulling then set the loop created into the bottom carabina thus locking it off. Any of that make sense? Hard to explain like I say but very easy...

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back