Good Read's

Lloyd90

Can anyone recommend a good book / manual for a general newbie to learn more about the main concepts of rifle marksman ship.
If it also included a bit on maintenance / rifle care it would be a bonus :)

Looking for something that would be an interesting read + also a good learning book hopefully.

For the record I don't bench / competition shoot, solely foxing and the odd fallow on my land, hoping to get on a roe cull in August :)

Many thanks

Lloyd

Just as you hope to expand your quarry to encompass roe deer, be no less adventurous in your exposure to both historic and 21st century cutting edge developments in marksmanship, firearms/cartridges and above all the delights of hunting with a rifle in its varied forms.

I can't readily think of what qualifies as best of the latter category but the former is simple if rather predictable coming from a this 54-year old:-

"Hunting With The Twenty-Two" by Charles Landis.

K

Can anyone recommend a good book / manual for a general newbie to learn more about the main concepts of rifle marksman ship.

Lloyd. While study is helpful, competition, good tuition and practice are essential for rifle marksmanship. My 88 year old father out shot me the other day with my 243 Ackley. He's been well trained and has read, practiced and competed for over 80 years. Regards JCS

Lloyd. While study is helpful, competition, good tuition and practice are essential for rifle marksmanship. My 88 year old father out shot me the other day with my 243 Ackley. He's been well trained and has read, practiced and competed for over 80 years. Regards JCS

The most telling post I've read on here today

The best book I have come across for practical/field marksmanship is "The Art of the Rifle" by Col Jeff Cooper. You should be able to get a copy of ebay or Amazon.

The best book I have come across for practical/field marksmanship is "The Art of the Rifle" by Col Jeff Cooper. You should be able to get a copy of ebay or Amazon.

That's one of the 3 I picked up mate :) ...

Also thanks for the practice advice JCS, been out today testing some new target board's I knocked up and put about 50-60 rounds down the field, all of em hitting on the target from the off and after a few small adjustments was getting some tidy groupings with my crappy PPU ammo :)

Back