NRA Range and Expanding Ammo

bk

Im looking at going to a different range that is local to me. It is run to NRA rules, whereas my current club is a sporting club and so I can use expanding there to zero but obviously not for competitions.

What is the position on NRA ranges to this?

Also they occasionally go to Thorpe Cloud so would I be able to use expanding there?

There is nothing in the Range Standing Orders to prevent use of expanding ammunition at Cloud.
It just states, "Rifles only, Any calibre or type legally capable of use by civillians......500 yards maximum.
We often tested hunting rounds.

HI Dan, are you thinking of joining our club at thorncliffe? leek & district shooting centre, they shoot once a month at thorpe

Cheers matey, not sure of the set up or how many visits I need in the 3 months.
How do you get on using expanding?

use it to zero rifles in the tunnel, and it can be used in moderation at thorpe but its a day job at thorpe as you have to take turns at each end and in the butts as well as shooting, take warm clothes and waterproofs as theres nowere it hide if the weathers bad

People have told me I can't use expanding ammo at bisley - not the case at all, the restrictions refer to solid core and some section 5 stuff.

Back