Thread: Hello from an aspiring stalker

Hello from an aspiring stalker

Hello all,
    I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to deer stalking so thought this would be a good place to start. I've read many of the threads over the last couple of years but a new opportunity has made me sign up and also to move towards getting my FAC.

I'm 29 based in West Cornwall and have been shooting air rifles all my life, more seriously in the last few years on a couple of farms, honing my rabbit stalking skills! I'm also a lifelong fisherman and have a trusty little boat which I use for bass fishing, spearfishing and exploring the local coastline. I basically live for anything which involves catching or finding food and feeling like the world can still work as it used to.

I've potentially got access to 100 acres of woodland roe stalking in Dorset on a friend's farm so I'm very keen to get my FAC in the next 12 months or so.

So that's me. I might trouble some of you for advice if you wouldn't mind and if you're down my neck of the woods feel free to drop a PM.

Mike welcome to SD Regards pete

Welcome to the sd mike! Sounds like you've got life weighed up! Your certainly in the right place to learn...

kind regards

slowly slowly catch a monkey..

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello Mike.

I was very much in your position when I joined the SD in December 2011, minus anywhere to go stalking. I've learned a hell of a lot since then from people on here, both through discussion and in practice with my new stalking contacts. It's well worth sticking around and engaging people on here! I took DSC1 three months after joining this site, and I'd recommend it especially if you have no previous stalking experience. If nothing else, it will help with your FAC application. There's also an almost limitless amount of fun to be had by starting a thread on the best deer calibre... Welcome and good luck! Whereabouts are you exactly in Cornwall by the way?

Cheers Pine Martin, encouraging advice. I'm aiming for the DSC1 when I've got the funds together. I'm just out of Falmouth in Port Navas, on the Helford River. Great place if you're into a bit of fishing! I've played the calibre game with air rifles when there's only really two to consider. I dread to think of the fun you guys get up to with calibres - not even going to go there!

Welcome Mike what a refreshing first post,listen to what Pine Marten says he has got the site well weighed up.Wf1

welcome to the site might have to trade a bass fishing trip for a fallow buck.

Absolutely Ruby if you're serious! Drop me a PM and we can work something out. The schoolies are just starting to show so the decent bass normally follow over the next month!