Thread: Deben locators

Deben locators

Hi gents
    ive been offered an old style 15ft ferret locator and have been told this will work with the terrier collars , is that correct?

Many thanks jim

Yes i believe so from memory

the old style box works with the old collars and the new collars mate, the new collars give a slower knock on the box but still work the same, so yes it will work with whatever Deben collar you have.

fantastic thanks for replies gents i assume the 8ft ferret colllars will work fine with the 15ft set just only down to a depth of 8 feet?

it will work , any trouble with the old gear you want to google Mick Dadd , he will fix it Deben wont

Yes jim, iv never used a 15 foot box with 8 foot collar but iv used a 8 foot box with 15 foot collar, if I'm using the 8 foot box and 15 foot collar I normally just double what depth it tells me and its about right, you'll need to have a wee mess about with it and work it out so you know roughly how deep your going but you'll get used to it, they ain't spot on anyway.

Thanks gents much appreciated

I just realized that I know mick lol I've actually been ferreting with him a few times , does anybody know if he makes ferret locator collars ?

Got hold of him cheers gents

I've just got hold of a deben mk 1 terrier collar and I'd like yo know what batteries to use in it? The batteries I use in my ferret collars won't work ...