Fox Research

Buchan

I've had a conversation with FERA who are wanting fox samples from the Lakes. They are looking at Trichenella, which has been found in N IReland, but not UK. If you are shooting foxes in the Lakes and get one, please if possible keep it chilled (NOT frozen - it kills the worm) and drop me a PM

I have been advised, by those who know, that there is a hidden agenda and have been strongly advised to not have anything to do with it.
Peter

I have been told by my most recent farmer, his veterinary thinks the Fox we are culling for him , have been linked to abortions in the dairy herd.

Its another fecking conspiracy!!!

I have been sending foxes for 6 months. The main research centre is in York, I have visited it. They took about 20 from me and now they dont want any more from my area. I have a friend who is sending them from Essex too. I have seen all the literature and the pack they send out, they will provide a leaflet explaining the research and then tags and bags, even tie wraps, for you to provide the foxes in. I have met and spoken to a couple of the researchers, one young lady particularly, who was a 20 something graduate and very pleasant.

I would love to know what the agenda is too???? Trichenella is real and the research has been ongoing for some time so I am happy to continue helping.

That might be related to Neospora caninum, that foxes and dogs carry, but the exact transmission is unknown.

That's the stuff!!!!!:eek:, I have asked him if he would consider taking some samples for the veterinary, get it screened & then we'll know what we are blatting em all for.;)

I used to work at fera( csl as they were then) and one of the projects I was involve in was the trichanella research. I can wholeheartedly tell you there is and never was any other agenda! It is ongoing genuine research and I know that all help they get is appreciated.

Regards

​steve

Back