Taping End of Barrel

Some masking tape at the muzzle of the gun (if unmoderated) or at the fore end of the moderator keeps water from entering the barrel on a rainy day. This is what I was told.

I usually apply a piece Cellotape to the end of the moderator to stop any moisture getting in as I am getting my kit together in the house. I generally replace the Cellotape after firing a shot. Regards JCS

I always used a piece of insulation tape to the mod end to stop crap dropping in, it just blows off the end no bother still do it to the barrel without a mod fitted always thaught its better to tape than have a load of pine needles or twigs dropping in atb wayne

I dont like the idea of it , I was always taught that any obstruction could be catastrophic !

When Mr Bullet leaps out of his case, that tape is off before he gets a half inch up the barrel, the column of air in front of the bullet just pops the tape off, in the case of a barrel "Obstruction" this is not the case, an immediate pressure spike is what causes a barrel bulge, or even a burst, rain drops down the bore, or rain/oil, on your cartridge as it is chambered can do damage.

The collection sack cut off an UNUSED condom works just fine for me. No need for the 'decorative' or extra hardwearing type!

K
Ps: How to squander a one thousandth post!

certainly no way of picking up ladies in the pub whilst away on a stalking trip,,being seen cutting the condoms down to half length!!

Last edited:
Back