NON Military Rifle Manufacturers

john444334

As per title I am interested to find out NON Military Rifle Manufacturers Or Manufacturers that have not had links in the past?

Just for historic reference

All help appreciated

If you mean rifle manufacturers who have never made military weaponry, I think that Merkel is an unexpected example. I believe that in WW2 they made parts for other types of machinery. This may be true of other Suhl manufacturers like Sauer, I don't know.

Not quite Mungo, both Holland & Holland and Purdey produced scoped rifles and scope mounts during the first world war for the British army.
John I think that you will find that the majority of gun makers in most countries turned out some sort of weaponry during major conflicts even if it was only components. Don't forget that even high end shotgun makers produced guns for the military even if it was only for skeet shooting so as to teach gunners on bombers and fighter pilots. Also air guns were produced for teaching basic marksmanship by many countries.

Sauer made a combination for use by the German air force it was designed as a survival weapon. The one that I am not sure about was Simpson of Suhl, the Simpson company I believe were Jewish.

Ruger-nope. They have produced rifles for the USAF,77 varmint. The mini 14 has also been used by several para-military forces.

I don't know about Chapuis and Kimber but all the others have produced for the military in the past.

and come to think of it Chapuis own Manurrin which supply military and riot control weapons.

Back